HDMI or Bust!

Dishman Dan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 22, 2008
N/A
Is there a way to hook up components with both HDMI and composite cables??? :confused:

My Sony 400 disc DVD changer and my Bluray player have HDMI connections which are great! My problem is that I want to run the outputs from these, which means composite, to my channel modulator. This modulator then sends my "stuff" anywhere in the house on different channels. The problem occurs on both devices when the HDMI is connected the other connections do not work. I want the HDMI to go to my main LCD setup and be able to watch through the composite/modulator elsewhere without hooking and unhooking cables. :)

Once HDMI is detected, the composite or components won't work.

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah! That is what I was hoping to get around! :rant:

I guess that there is no way around it? :mad:

I miss the old days when components had something hooked up to every available jack!!!... :D

Perhaps use the component cables instead. If the deinterlacer on the TV functions properly it should really be the same as the HDMI input.

Perhaps use the component cables instead. If the deinterlacer on the TV functions properly it should really be the same as the HDMI input.

I checked that out tonight and we cannot see any difference between the HDMI and component hookup! :up

(My wife thinks that the component hookup actually looks better! :eek: )

I do have quality component cables but was hoping to clean up some of my "rats nest" wires with HDMI and make her happy! She does not mind what I get as long as the wires are neat or hidden well... so the neater the wires the more I can buy! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts