Hdmi problem

Dayanm2000

Original poster
Apr 9, 2013
United States
Hello,

Today i bought an lg 47lm7600 Tv and a Monster 1000hdx hdmi cable. When i connected the hdmi cable to the tv and the Vip722k receiver i plugged the reveiver into power and the start up screen showed up on the tv screen. After the Starting Up screen finishes loading the screen turns black and the tv says No Signal. I have tried unplugging the cable and plugging it back in several times. I plugged in another cheap hdmi cable and it everything works well. I dont think its the Monster cable because im able to see the Starting Up screen the problem is after the start up finishes loading. What can this be??
Thanks

If I read your post correctly you said you don't get a picture for long with the Monster HDMI cable but you do with the cheap HDMI cable. If that is the case the issue is with the Monster HDMI cable. If I were you I bring that cable back to where you paid much too much for it and use the cheap one that you already have and works....

Its on the right input. I can briefly see the starting up screen on the tv (screen that appears when you unplug the power from the VIP722k receiver and plug it back in) its after that screen when it loses signal.

My assumption is that the start up screen is at low resolution. As soon as it switches to 1080i, it break the signal. Try changing the resolution to 480i/p and see if you get the video using monster cable.

Get rid of it and use cheaper cable from monoprice etc.

I have an LG LM7600 and no problems at all with my Dish VIP receiver. Regardless, return the Monster cable and buy any run of the mill ones from Amazon or somewhere. Also your assumption seems counter intuitive. The other cable works, the Monster doesn't, that certainly tells me chances are excellent it's the Monster cable. Why do you think it's not?

I have an LG LM7600 and no problems at all with my Dish VIP receiver. Regardless, return the Monster cable and buy any run of the mill ones from Amazon or somewhere. Also your assumption seems counter intuitive. The other cable works, the Monster doesn't, that certainly tells me chances are excellent it's the Monster cable. Why do you think it's not?
Because he paid an arm and a leg for it.

IIRC Monster cables have heavy connectors that were known to put too much strain on the flimsy sockets on 722's and cause premature failure. Monster = Heavily Advertized 1st Class Rip Off. Return it and consider yourself fortunate.

I based my assumption on the fact that i do get some signal at first with the monster cable its just the dish network start up screen. Once that screen is done loading is when i loss the signal. I also tried setting down the settings on the receiver to 480 and when i plugged in the Monster cable it worked, then i set it up to 720 with the monster cable connected and it also worked, lastly i turned it up to 1080i again with the monster cable and it worked just fine. Then i hit the power button to turn off the Dish receiver and thats when i went back to square one again, "no signal" when i turned it back on. I had to revert once again to the other hdmi cable.

Again strongly indicating it's the Monster cable. No loss. Double entendre extremely intended. No loss in forgetting about the Monster Cable not worth it, return it, and no loss in picture quality using a much less expensive cable.

To me, using very expensive Monster cables rather than cheaper generic versions, is in the same category as the people with non-stock or exotic cars, that use expensive boutique oils, rather than the factory spec recommended main stream oils. Bragging rights!

I do use over the counter Valvoline VR-1 oil (not the pricy boutique oil) in my modified 'vette because I researched the specs and did not buy into the boutique oil advertising fluff. I save about $3 a qt. Similar savings possible with generic cables. Do the research! I have never had a generic HDMI fail.

The only thing that makes Monster cables special, is the 150% profit margin BestBuy is getting for selling them and the fancy looks of the cable.

monoprice cables are excellent!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)