HDMI Switches that work with an HR20?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jscud

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 25, 2005
Central NH
There seems to be a history of HDMI switches not working with the HR20. That is the case with the HDMI switch that my neighbor bought.

He has an IOGear 1:3 switch w/remote connecting his HR20 on port 1 and his BluRay player on port 2. The BluRay works great with the switch on port 2. The HR20 works on port 1, but only when the BluRay player is powered up. While on port 1, powering off the BluRay player cuts off the HDMI signal from the HR20. Turn the BLuRay back on, the signal from the HR20 returns. He does not want to keep his BluRay player on all the time.

Has anyone found an HDMI switch that works correctly with the HR20?

John

Check monoprice, they have a lot of choices and good prices. I have had several and they can be very finicky The 1X2 manual switches are pretty solid though. I am using 3 HR20s and 2 HR21s.

I have a Monoprice HDMI splitter that works good with an H24.

I know that's not what you're looking for, but just reiterating the quality stuff Monoprice sells. Cheap and reliable.

Thanks, the name Monoprice has come up a lot in my research. We will give them a try.

John

I have an Oppo 4 port HDMI switch. It used to be on my HR20, now it's on my HR24. Works great, my Harmony One controls it nicely and seamlessly.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)