I had a similar problem with my 211, and decided to open it up to see if it was a mechanical (physical) problem or software, and it turns out it was mechanical.

Some of the leads from the HDMI connector that are soldered onto the motherboard lifted off -- probably due to the weight of the connector pulling on the motherboard. I made a mess trying to resolder it, so now I'm using component only, along with the optical output for audio.

I bought the 211 almost 2 yrs ago, so it's not in warranty.

Off topic

a little solder wick or a solder sucker should help you clean up the PCB. Finely stranded speaker wire (soft, fine strands of copper) may pick up the mess if that's all you can get.

tips on desoldering from Google U:
How To Desolder

I did use a wick, but still ended up damaging the connector so I removed it. I'll find a local shop that can replace it.

I did use a wick, but still ended up damaging the connector so I removed it. I'll find a local shop that can replace it.

I REALLY hope that 211 was purchased. If not, I recommend you buy it...

Yes -- I bought it almost 2 years ago.

Even if you buy, doesn't DHA still cover the equipment?

You may also try to do a hard reset on the TV at the same time. The signals have to sync.
In regards to the other 211 post...
If you open it up you void any warranty. If anyone runs into a problem like this remember Dish may be able to do an out of warranty exchange after the 1 year warranty which is a lot cheaper than buying a new one. If you have DHPP Dish Home Protection Plan on your account problems like this can be addressed after 1 year warranty as well. It's only $5.99/month and protects ALL of your Dish equipment as long as the warranty is on your account.