Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 13, 2004
San Francisco Bay Area
Mods, move if necessary.

AT&T- News Room

"Homezone Customers Can Now Enjoy More HD Channels Than With Cable

San Antonio, Texas, June 20, 2007

AT&T Inc. (NYSE: T) has announced that AT&T HomezoneSM customers can now access one of the nation's most robust collections of High Definition (HD) content available: With more than 30 national HD channels — and additional local HD channels for each market — Homezone service offers customers access to more HD channels than its local cable competitors while providing thousands of video-on-demand titles, access to the system via wireless phones and more — all through a single receiver.

AT&T Homezone service integrates AT&T | DISH Network and features of AT&T Yahoo! High Speed Internet. It allows customers to enjoy satellite TV programming, net-based on-demand content, and music and photos via their TV screens and stereos. It also features digital videorecording technology and remote access to the system through Web-enabled PCs or WAP-2.0 compatible wireless phones.

The service is available across AT&T's traditional 13-state broadband footprint to new and existing AT&T | DISH Network residential customers who either have or plan to order AT&T Yahoo! High Speed Internet and the AT&T Wireless Gateway.*

The current HD channel lineup is provided by AT&T | DISH Network and includes a wide variety of programs, including news, sports, movies and more. The HD content delivered to Homezone customers produces images that are four times as detailed as standard definition (SD) TV and provides rich, realistic video and multichannel, movie-theater-quality sound. "

Sucks that current DISH customers can't get it.

We have AT&T but go through DISH directly.

I'll say it comes with a nice fancy remote.

The unit should be the same as the first one rolled out as the first had hdmi/componet output. Should be no more then a software upgrade.

I wonder if the streaming IPTV on demand stuff will be HD?

Good point Dish customers can't get it... I'll take 622 any day.

When you turn on the system sounds, sounds just like TiVo. :)

I would guess this indicates that AT&T will be kicking D* out of bed.

I think the software upgrade went into the stream yesterday. Someone posted it yesterday.

I have Dish Network through ATT but I take the 622 over this box.

I posted it, it's still commented out in the updates page:

<!--<font color="#0080FF"><b>6/19/2007: 1002 </b></font> <b>Software Version M3.00 for ViP 622HZ</b>
<p>
Effective <b><font color=red>Tuesday, June 19th</font></b>, Engineering has spooled the FULL PHASE of software version <b>M3.00</b> for the <b>ViP 622HZ</b> receiver. This is primarily a non-forced maintenance release available at <b>ALL</b> satellite locations.
<p></p>
At this time <b>M3.00</b> will be the valid software version for the <b>ViP 622HZ</b>.
<hr width="100%" color="#0081FF"><br><br> -->

I would guess this indicates that AT&T will be kicking D* out of bed.
Until someone upstairs makes a decision, they'll probably continue to go in what ever direction that they were going. They have to do something to maintain the appearance of forward motion or they'll end up getting squeezed out by cable.

Until someone upstairs makes a decision, they'll probably continue to go in what ever direction that they were going. They have to do something to maintain the appearance of forward motion or they'll end up getting squeezed out by cable.

I read somewhere they are going to offer the DISH HD pack for homezone for free the first year of service with them... that would imply they'll continue the relationship with E* and probably drop D*

This has dual HD OTA tuners, right?

If I cancelled my current Dish contract, could I get this, or does "New DISH Customer" mean "never had DISH"? For 2 OTA tuners, it might be worth it. The single tuner is the only thing I dislike about my 622 (it's been flawless otherwise).

I don't understand why they are so restrictive in who's ALLOWED to get it. I have cash, and enjoy spending it!

I don't understand why they are so restrictive in who's ALLOWED to get it. I have cash, and enjoy spending it!
I have never understood this myself. They are in the business to sell things. I have cash in hand... sell it to me.

It should not be so hard to spend money. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)