Customer Service Disappointing

movinon

Original poster
Apr 1, 2023
Pisgah Forest, nc
I'm an rver & have a service which allows me to change my location for local channels as I move. Today I relocated to an area in Pisgah Forest, NC & I've been unable to speak w/anyone in Customer Service to update my address. Only info which is a recording states the wait is greater than 45 minutes. I've been waiting for over 3 hours. Time to look for another service.

I'm an rver & have a service which allows me to change my location for local channels as I move. Today I relocated to an area in Pisgah Forest, NC & I've been unable to speak w/anyone in Customer Service to update my address. Only info which is a recording states the wait is greater than 45 minutes. I've been waiting for over 3 hours. Time to look for another service.
If you're on the rv account you should be able to use the app and change your location to the current location..I'm going to assume you don't use the app? Just change mine with no problems on a android phone with the app and rv account

If you're on the rv account you should be able to use the app and change your location to the current location..I'm going to assume you don't use the app? Just change mine with no problems on a android phone with the app and rv account
Same here, I've changed my location and locals several times over the past few weeks using my "Outdoor" account and the MyDish app on my Android phone. The app uses the phone's GPS to determine your current location.

I'll try the app again. My original service was for home & I then changed that to our rv. The app wouldn't work & CS confirmed & stated I needed to call them when we moved. We're full timers who volunteer around the country & have been doing this for 14 years & all was well till yesterday.

I'll try the app again. My original service was for home & I then changed that to our rv. The app wouldn't work & CS confirmed & stated I needed to call them when we moved. We're full timers who volunteer around the country & have been doing this for 14 years & all was well till yesterday.
So you have done it this way for years, and you imply that you have moved around a lot. All has gone well until one hiccup yesterday and that is a trigger to change services. I will say is OK

You do realize that DISH was the victim of a ransomware attack and was virtually shut down for an extended period, don't you? Customer service is still not completely back up to snuff. If not, you can read all about it in THIS LINK

Try DirectTV for a while and see how easy it is to change your service address with them.

Listen to the recording and press#1. They will call you back.

If you need fast customer service and response, just message them on Facebook by clicking on the following link and then click on Message on the top:

Reactions: charlesrshell