Standard definition removed from Western arc satellite?

goofy_american

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
MN
Hello,
I'm using an old 722 receiver on the western arc satellites.
Located in the Minneapolis, MN area.
It seems that a large number of standard definition channels have disappeared from my guide. The channels are now only HD.

Anyone know if Dish removed removed SD programming from the western arc?
Concerned as the HD programming fills the DVR so much faster than SD .

Thanks

Hello,
It seems that a large number of standard definition channels have disappeared from my guide. The channels are now only HD.

Thanks
I am on the Eastern Arc in Illinois and my 722K still has my SD Channels.

Hello,

Thanks
This is true. Dish is moving a lot of things around. Here we lost SD Locals, which were on on 110 and HD locals moved to 119 from 129

Dish is removing redundancy on their satellites.

No more channel SD duplications, if there is an HD channel there will be no SD channel to make room on aging sats.
I guess that means there will no longer be fallback to SD if the HD channel is suffering from rain fade.

I am on Western Arc in the Columbus Ohio market and I still see all of the SD duplicate channels when I turn off “Hide Duplicate SD Channels” in the Guide settings. Dish is probably removing the SD local duplicates in selected markets.
I also see all the SD duplicates of the non-local channels such as USA, Comedy, Life, etc.

I normally never see the SD duplicates since I have them hidden in the Guide settings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm on the western arc and I see quite a few SD channels all over the guide. The following channels in the 3xx channel range are a mix of HD/SD: SHO, TMC, ENC, STARZ. Actually this kind of surprised me when we first got this new Hopper/Joey system on Jan 4th. I was under the (mistaken?) impression that SD programming was going to be completely replaced by HD programming.

(I have SD duplicates hidden in the Guide settings.)

Last edited:
Reactions: charlesrshell