HDMI to DVI problem

Hawk88

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Jul 19, 2007
USA
I just got a Yamaha RX-V3800 AV reciever and it has HDMI switching. I have a Nakamichi vu50p plasma (1080i capable) and 722. I hooked everything up via HDMI and then have HDMI cable going to the TV. TV only has DVI so I am using a DVI to HDMI converter. It detects a signal, but it is black. I try to go into the GUI for the reciever which is a much lower resolution and it detects (black screen) then about 2 seconds later is redetects. It does this over and over until I exit out of the GUI then it goes back to the higher resolution (black screen) and stays. I can get video through component (only by hooking up the component cables between the reciever and the 722 in addition to running them to the TV.) Anyone have any suggestions. I didnt try a dvd player yet, but if the GUI will not come up, there is something going on.

I tried to run HDMI from a 622 to a sony reciever, then HDMI to DVI on the tv. I also ran HDMI from a dvd player to the sony. I wanted to use the reciever for the sound only and pass the video to the tv. I found that when all components are turned on the sound is shut off. I can turn off the tv and sound will turn on to the reciever. I tried to reset the HDMI on the 622 but it will only detect HDMI to DVI it will not allow both signals to pass through to the sony reciever. I finally gave up and ran HDMI from 622 to DVI on the tv, and optical toslink sound from the 622 to the sony. The dvd player is running component video to the tv and optical toslink sound. I do not understand why both the sound and video will not pass to sony reciever with HDMI, unless the DVI interferes with the signals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts