HDMI to Hopper

ashutto20

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 6, 2008
United States
I have posted in the past about my hdmi cable being ran in my new home...Here is the update and I would like to know if it works...

The Hdmi cable is being ran from the wall to the coat closet in the room next to the living room...i was under the impression that there would be slack on either end and I would just plug it in to the tv and then the hopper...

Now the hdmi cable is in a white outlet cover and has no slack at all...someone told me that the way they run it now is that the female end is in the wall socket...so I would have to use a hdmi cable from the tv to the wall socket...and then a hdmi cable from the hopper into the wall socket in the coat closet...

My question is...
Has anyone heard of this being done this way before and if so does it take away the quality of the picture or is there anything I need to be worried about with the connection or just anything in general???

Thanks and I hope this makes sense

There should be no problem with this connection unless there is a problem with either of the HDMI cables. I assist Witt professional installs and this is the way I would have done it for a neat and finished look.

Now I'm being told that there is a cable but it is behind the hdmi??? which i kind of understand but im not sure why they did not just pull it out from behind there...I am hoping they are correct and all i need to do is take the cover off and plug the cable into the receiver but im not sure why they did not have a plated box for it??? Does this sound familiar to anyone???

Also...if i were to unplug the hdmi from the wall and hook up my ps3 when i wanted to use it...if i plug and unplug the hdmi will that hurt or effect the hdmi in any kind of way for the hopper receiver???

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)