HDMI trouble.

urizen65

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 8, 2008
I have contacted Dish, but they say it isn't their hardware causing the problem so they won't help.

I have a vip722 that i want to hook up using HDMI. the problem is the HDMI only works through the single HDMI port on the television. pioneer receiver with 2 ports gives no video, and after a few moments no audio. I have an HDMI switch that I get nothing from the 722 on as well. I hook up my PS3 through the HDMI on the TV, the switch, or reciever it works fine, as does the HD-DVD player. the TV is older than the reciever, and the switch, so i don't think it is compatibility causing the problem. plus both the switch, and the reciever work with every device I hook them up to, and succesfully send great signal to the TV. ONLY the 722 has the problem.

ANY help will be greatly appreciated. I am stumped.

Are you saying you have both a 622 and a 722 ? The 722 works but the 622 does not ?

Perhaps the port on your 622 is failing. The solder joints go bad and it will sometimes work if the cable is on one position but not in another (for awhile). When you move from the TV to the receiver your changing the position of the cable.

Plug back directly into the TV and jiggle (not too hard) the cable on the back of the 622. If the picture comes and goes the port is failaing (this is a VERY common problem). If the CSR gives you any trouble, ask for advanced tech support.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)