HDMI - *VERY* Slight Buzzing

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgupta

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 9, 2004
Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone else was getting a very slight background sound (buzz) when a HDMI device is hooked up to their TV. It's done it with both a DVD player and my HD DirecTivo at this point. It is barely audible (maybe slightly louder than typical TV fan noise) and with any audio going on, you don't notice it.

Is this normal does anyone know?

TV is a Sony KDF-50WE655 by the way.

Oh, and this is with different HDMI cables by the way. (Both from the manufacturers respectively.)

I have not had this problem and it does sound minor if you cannot hear it with any audio going. Check you cable run to see if possibly there are any other cables especially power cables in the near vicinity that could be causing hte buzzing. I noticed no one had responded to you post so thought I would try.

Thanks for the response. Solved it by getting an AV receiver and 5.1. This issue even DROVE me to get 5.1, so in a way, it's good, because it's my first true home theater system and sounds amazing! Definitely something within the TV or the speaker system (doesn't even happen with TV out to something else). But not an issue anymore. =o)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts