HDNet has PG info for Test Channel

Status
Please reply by conversation.

agregjones

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 25, 2004
I am getting HDNet content on the correct channel, but the PG says it's one of the satellite test channels.

I don't know what their doing at D* but something is going on. Yesterday they had a problem with channels 80 and 81, and it took numerous calls to get that corrected (a previous thread shows what was happening). The CSR kept saying it was my problem, then after being transferred to a 3rd tier technician they finally, at my urging, checked their own HD receiver and found they were having the same problem. Even when I told them another person on this forum had found the same problem they insisted that I reset my HD TiVo, and "I" had to tell them the signal strength of the two channels (both on the same transponder). One CSR told me I wasn't authorized to receive HD channels! I had to convince her I subscribed to the HD package. While I was on hold (for over an hour) with the technical rep I casually asked about TNT HD and was told, oh no, no new HD channels until the new satellites went up. But he was also the same person who told me Channel 80 and 83 were PPV channels (they were showing a PPV notice telling me to hit select if I wanted to get the movie.)

Edit: I note that the data now is correct on HDNet but for some reason that channel and Discover HD had been removed from my favorites list!

bcushman said:
Edit: I note that the data now is correct on HDNet but for some reason that channel and Discover HD had been removed from my favorites list!

I noticed my HD Tivo had dropped two of the HD channels from my Favorites List, this even before the problem you mentioned in this thread. First it happened with Discovery HD, then a few days ago with Bravo HD. One time, if I remember correctly, I tuned to channel 81 (by punching in 81), then when I punched in channel 2 (KCBS [LA]), then started to cycle upwards in my FC List, and then try to go back to ch. 2, it (suddenly) dissapeared. Strange.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)