HDNet in Dallas & the Mavs

KeithInDallas

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 13, 2005
Dallas, TX
I live in the Dallas area, and last year was able to see the Mavs on HDNet via Dish regularly. This year, they are never on that I can see; other things seem to be on HDNet in their place.

On the local ABC affiliate, WFAA - Ch 8, their digital 2nd channel via OTA (08-02) has a looping weather and news broadcast, with a series of still ads framing the video. There is a regular ad on there that says "see the Mavs on HDNet all season long."

Does anyone know why the Mavs are not on HDNet? Is this just a local Dallas thing because of broadcast rights? If so, why the ads on a local Dallas station? Any insight would be appreciated!!

I think almost all their games that were hd on HDNet were on dish, channnel 9465.

there's only 2 games left

Sun., Apr. 16 Utah 8:30pm
Wed., Apr. 19 LA Clippers 8:30pm

I'm not sure on the advertisements, but I have seen Mavs games that have been shown on channel 21 to be in HD.

Yes, BDG, their season is almost over. But the playoffs are just around the corner! I have checked my EPG on the 942 a number of times, going 9 days out, and the games are never listed.

Yes, mdl23, I believe you are correct about channel 21 locally. However, I cannot tune in the channel 21 digital channel via my somewhat puny OTA antenna.

What I don't understand is why I could see them last year on Ch 9465, but can't seem to find them there this year. I don't think that I am so dumb as to not be able to find them in the EPG (although sometimes my wife might depute that!). I know of at least one neighbor that can't find them on HDNet either, so I don't think I am dreaming this!

HD has spoiled me... I don't enjoying watching sporting events in SD on my big screen. Help!!

If I remember correctly, HDNet didn't announce their Mavs Playoff HD schedule last year (2005) until just before Game 2 of the first round series.... it was just announced that UPN 21 will have all the non-national playoff games, so that is a bonus that any of those games might be done by HDNet. Just have to patiently wait and see.

Then again, HDNet is also doing NHL Playoff games this year (which they didn't have last year) so that might take away some possibility of them doing playoff games.

The games have been on 9465 as BFG mentioned above. One more tomorrow night (4/19).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)