HDNet Movies joins the HD-Lite crowd??

Dead Pool the 1080i AC3-5.1 HDNET.ts 8-05-2006

Sequence Frame 164648(7-B) / Time 1:31:43 :

Info: End of MPEG2 sequence:
Info: 1920 x 1080, 29.97 fps, 65.00 Mbps (Header), 17.57 Mbps (Average).
Info: AC3 Audio. 3/2 Channels (L, C, R, SL, SR) + LFE, 48.0 kHz, 384 kbps.
Info: Found 164648 video frames since start of sequence.
Info: 0 video frames found with errors.
Info: 0 audio frames found with errors.
Info: 0 corrupted video bytes in file.
Info: 0.000000 seconds of video timestamp gaps.
Info: 0.000000 seconds of audio timestamp gaps.

End of Log

Dead Pool the 1080i AC3 HDNET.ts 8-09-2006

Sequence Frame 104540(19-B) / Time 1:10:24 :
Warning: PCR interval greater than 67446.933852 seconds (prev=2576979993475,current=696373)

Sequence Frame 136116(7-B) / Time 1:31:33 :

Info: End of MPEG2 sequence:
Info: 1440 x 1080, 29.97 fps (with telecine flags), 65.00 Mbps (Header), 12.42 Mbps (Average).
Info: AC3 Audio. 3/2 Channels (L, C, R, SL, SR) + LFE, 48.0 kHz, 384 kbps.
Info: Found 136116 video frames since start of sequence.
Info: 0 video frames found with errors.
Info: 0 audio frames found with errors.
Info: 0 corrupted video bytes in file.
Info: 0.000000 seconds of video timestamp gaps.
Info: 0.000000 seconds of audio timestamp gaps.

End of Log

They are also putting telecine flags in it which HDNET does not do to throw away frames.

So, it went down from 17.57 Mbps to 12.42 Mbps, correct?
A 30% difference!

Take a look at the uplink thread, Digiblue just posted new numbers, HDNet movies is getting the most bandwidth out of all 3 channels, and whats funny is HDnet is really low, but no one is saying boo about HDnet.

I wonder why that is.

I still can't believe it.

In just the past few days I watched 2001, 2010, Winged Migration, and a couple more movies. I remember sitting there appreciating how great it was to have high quality HD. And thinking about how not all is bad with Dish HD because of channels like this.

gdarwin said:
I emailed Mark - if that makes a difference....

Cuban? He has already stated he has no problem with HD Lite. He thinks that with the way things are evolving we should expect to see that type of experimentation (or something like that). You can find his comments about this issue in these forums from the time he made a guest appearance. Bottom line- he won't have any problem with it.

sonnyboy11 said:
Cuban? He has already stated he has no problem with HD Lite. He thinks that with the way things are evolving we should expect to see that type of experimentation (or something like that). You can find his comments about this issue in these forums from the time he made a guest appearance. Bottom line- he won't have any problem with it.

Yea... I knew that. I thought - what the hell and fired it off anyway. If I get a response, I'll be shocked...

gdarwin said:
Yea... I knew that. I thought - what the hell and fired it off anyway. If I get a response, I'll be shocked...

Well on that, don't be surprised. He emailed me back twice on some stuff I asked him. If he's checking his email and has time, you might just get a response. Be sure and let us know! :)

Scott Greczkowski said:
Actually TS Reader can do it, however I do the equipment needed for 8PSK and thus can not see those stream with TS Reader.

You can't see the resolution unless the stream is in the clear which the HD streams are not. You'll need a modded STB that lets you record the streams you sub to, to a hard drive.

Yeah, I've written about deteriorating HD PQ three times in the past 8 months. Look what it has gotten me so far.

Still I support doing so. I live in a dream world where I hope 100,000 Dish subs will write about this issue.

If I subscribed to conspiracy theories, I would find it "convenient" that now that HDTVs that truely resolve 1920x1080 are on the market, the only source of true 1920x1080 material is the newly-released HD-DVD/BlueRay which the big movie producers control.

I guess the "good" news is you can record more HD-Lite on your 942/622 this way. Foo!

I am so disappointed... :( :mad:
Just another reason to clear the dishes off my roof and go with Fios the minute it becomes available.
And the fibre is already installed on my street. :eureka

Is there a web site with a "Model" of the letter we shoudl write and the people we should write to?

Tom Bombadil said:
Yeah, I've written about deteriorating HD PQ three times in the past 8 months. Look what it has gotten me so far.

Still I support doing so. I live in a dream world where I hope 100,000 Dish subs will write about this issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)