Hdnet Pq?

DarrellP

I Think, therefore, I am.
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 6, 2003
Salem, OR
I rarely watch TV anymore because I don't have much time and when I do, I can't stomach the PQ of Dish's "HDLITE" so I just don't watch hardly anything but full bitrate glorious OTA HD.

Anyway, my question is with HDNET. I turned it on a few times over the last couple of days and I've noticed what looks like vertical motion artifacts and they drive me crazy. For example, when a person wearing a T-shirt with writing on it moves, there are what seems like scan lines but they are vertical, not horizontal. This artifact drives me crazy so I don't watch. HDNET used to be the only rock solid channel on Dish and now it's gone to the toilet, anyone know what's up? :(

Thanks.

DarrellP said:
I rarely watch TV anymore because I don't have much time and when I do, I can't stomach the PQ of Dish's "HDLITE" so I just don't watch hardly anything but full bitrate glorious OTA HD.

Anyway, my question is with HDNET. I turned it on a few times over the last couple of days and I've noticed what looks like vertical motion artifacts and they drive me crazy. For example, when a person wearing a T-shirt with writing on it moves, there are what seems like scan lines but they are vertical, not horizontal. This artifact drives me crazy so I don't watch. HDNET used to be the only rock solid channel on Dish and now it's gone to the toilet, anyone know what's up? :(

Thanks.

HDNet on E* is a full bitrate, full signal channel. All of the "national" channels, except for the Vooms, are full bitrate non-HDLite channels.

I haven't seen the problems you describe on HDNet at all in the 3 weeks I've had E* back at my house. The only issues I see is really fast motion, digital artifacting, such as the opening screens for "Deadline". Otherwise, it's a great looking channel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts