HDNet to Provide LIVE Exclusive High Def Coverage of Launch of Atlantis - Saturday!

retexan599 said:
There was an approximate 12 second lag from the NASA channel to HDNET, so liftoff actually occurred 12 seconds before it was visible on my HDNET (over DISH ViP622).
Yes, I noticed that too. So, I watched the "draft version" of the take off on NASA TV first, and then watched the glorious HD replay on HDNet 12 seconds later. :)

Ilya said:
Yes, I noticed that too. So, I watched the "draft version" of the take off on NASA TV first, and then watched the glorious HD replay on HDNet 12 seconds later. :)

I think the HDNet replay of the launch, from multiple angles, just a minute or so before they went off the air, was the best. It showed the launch from three different perspectives. The one from the side was not as close, but it wasn't covered by smoke either.

But yes, great coverage by HdNet.

What does "God's Speed" mean anyway? I've never figured that one out.

I know it roughly means "get back safely", its the phrasing I don't understand.

david in texas said:
So, got out the wiki and this is what I found:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godspeed

That says is it all:

Godspeed, as a word, is a wish for a prosperous journey, success, and good fortune. For example, it was said by Scott Carpenter to John Glenn before Glenn's first trip to space in Friendship 7.

Pepper said:
http://www.randomhouse.com/wotd/index.pperl?date=19980129

I missed the launch due to using the HDNET guide info to schedule DVR instead of paying attention and setting a manual timer. Are they going to rebroadcast it at some time?
This is from the Zap2it guide I use:

10pm NASA on HDNET: Space Shuttle Atlantis STS-115 Launch (Special) Stereo
1 hour.

I pulled a D'oh! moment this morning; scheduled the DVR to record the shuttle, but forgot about the stupid 2 hour east coast time shift! :rolleyes:

Oh well!

It was ridiculously bad again. You missed nothing.

Horrible coverage and an overtalking head again.

NASA Channel in SD was better as except for possibly 30 seconds of landing (or less) it was all in SD anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)