HDTV and HDMI

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

bha19

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 31, 2008
usa
Any recommendations on an HDTV for under $1000. Also at my local wholesale club they have HDMI cable for $17 but my electronics superstore it is $89. What is the difference?

bha19

I won't recommend a TV, but I will tell you that if you read the other 1000 posts about HDMI cables found on these boards, you'll see that the only difference between the higher-priced cables and the lower-priced ones is exactly that: the price.

ps: $17 is about $15 too much to spend. Check monoprice.com or even Amazon.com for a better deal on cables.

I won't recommend a TV, but I will tell you that if you read the other 1000 posts about HDMI cables found on these boards, you'll see that the only difference between the higher-priced cables and the lower-priced ones is exactly that: the price.

ps: $17 is about $15 too much to spend. Check monoprice.com or even Amazon.com for a better deal on cables.

:up for Monoprice. Theirs pass all the highest test standards.

You might want to tell us what TV size and type interest you.

:up for Monoprice. Theirs pass all the highest test standards.

You might want to tell us what TV size and type interest you.
37-47 inch and lcd or plasma does not matter

bha19

Any recommendations on an HDTV for under $1000. Also at my local wholesale club they have HDMI cable for $17 but my electronics superstore it is $89. What is the difference?

bha19

Take a look at this site it has some links to good prices for HD TV.

HDTV News, Views & Reviews

I would not consider any thing less than a 42 inch HD TV.
This site also has some good pointers on HD TV.
Hdguru.com tells you everything you need to know about HDTV displays, high definition content, high def disc players, high definition reception and reviews on high definition products, blu-ray and

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)