HDTV in a box installed today..

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

joeb2112

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 28, 2003
sorry - I started a new thread..

I was installed this morning - here's the scoop:

Installer from hell - his first HDTV in a box install :( - no clue on how it worked, or how to connect to my Denon receiver

The back inputs / outputs gold plated

Both my 508 and 811 are connected - so I can record SD :? on the 508 -whilst I view SD or HD on the 811

The infamous Back Panel Video Input Channel
I am able to view either the Xbox, or PS2 by connecting directly into the 811 video inputs and inputing Ch1, the select either Vid1 or 2

that's it so far - I am still trying to figure out how to reduce the size of the digi photos, so I can post..

Can you connect the xbox to the component inputs and keep the 811 on the DVI? It'd be a shame to not utilize the xbox's HD capability.

I haven't purchased the Advanced HD pack for xbox yet, (I will this weekend) but I'm sure you can otherwise..

ALSO - the 811 included the DVI cable..

Thanx - I'll buy those -

34" - the HD and SD picture is sweet! - just as good as the Philips I saw at Good Guys yesterday..

Xbox and GC are still looking a bit streteched (even with Grand Turisimo 3 in 16x9) - me thinks the component cables will fix that..

I'll post some pics later this eve - any particular shots ?

and it's POSSIBLE that my 811 optical out does NOT work - I may have a bad cable..or a bad unit?

here's a couple of pics

the cables for the game boxes are the standard ones - for now

Just a word of advice - I wouldn't put the 811 directly on top of the 508 as the 508 vents are on top and you don't want too much heat build up in the 508. This is especially important as you have them inside a cabinet, which could make the heat build up situation even worse.

Monster Cables are WAY overpriced. You do not get what you pay for. Any standard Component cables priced far less will do you fine. BestBuy.com has a number of types for less money and they are 100% as good as Monster.

The ones that come with the HD Pack work fine. I have swapped them with Monster, AR and the cables that come with the 811 and I see no difference. 20 vs 50..

Please don't place ANYTHING on top of DISH Network receivers. This is what happened when a customer of mine set a 13" TV on top of her 301 receiver. If she wouldn't have been home, the whole house would have burned down!

Mainstreet said:
Please don't place ANYTHING on top of DISH Network receivers. This is what happened when a customer of mine set a 13" TV on top of her 301 receiver. If she wouldn't have been home, the whole house would have burned down!

I've seen the same thing happen with one of my customers, I could get no explanation from Dish why something like this would happen! Even though they should have not covered the ventilation holes, They should NEVER catch on fire!!!! Dish will NOT take responseabilty for it!! SAD!!

I read on another post that the DVI input on the DN hdtv will only work with DN receivers. If this is true, then why not just use the component inputs?