HDTV nightmare

Billmo99

Original poster
Jan 21, 2006
Called Mediacom about 3 weeks ago to order HDTV receiver box with dual tuner DVR.
Customer Service Rep (CSR) said that a technician could come out in 2 days between
8-12. I took off work, waited, and waited. No technician, no phone call. about 10 min. till 12:00, I called back to Customer Service, and they called my local office.
Local office said they didn’t even have any HDTV boxes, and that they expected a delivery in a couple of weeks. They still would hold my ticket, and when the delivery came in, they would call me and setup a time to install. Co-worker called around same time, had an appointment scheduled and had their HDTV receiver installed. I called Customer Service a couple of days later and they said my job# was still in the system, and the job# said that I was to pick up the receiver at the local office. That call was last night (Friday). I called them back a few min. later and asked if the local office was open on Saturday, which they are from 8-12. They asked if I wanted to schedule an install on Monday. I told them that I would go by the local office on Saturday to pick up the receiver but if something goes wrong, put me down for a Monday install just in case.
Well, I got up Saturday morning, went to my local office about 25 miles away (cant call them because the customer service rep said they cant give out the local office number). I got there, and the girl looked up my job# and said that I have a Monday install appointment. I told her the entire story. She went to the back, and came back and said that all the receiver boxes were loaded on the technicians trucks, and she didn’t have one there to issue to me. AAAaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggg !!!!
I asked that if they are all on the trucks, can she call one of them and I would meet them somewhere and pick it up. "We cant do that"! I left there @#$% as #$^% !!!!!!!!!
I got home, called Customer Service again, and explained the situation again, and asked to speak to a supervisor. "I'll have to put you on the list and have a supervisor call you back". Today I asked? "Yes Today" I was told, and I asked her if that was a promise. "I cant promise that sir" LOLOLOLOL!!!
I told her that I promised that I would pay my bill every month, which I do, and all I wanted was for them to hold up their end of the deal and try there very best to get me my damn HDTV box. Will I get it Monday?
Who the heck knows?

You will do best dealing with the local office in most cases, their customer service is about as bad or worse than DIsh Network's. I had an install scheduled for 2 HD DVR's and 4 Digital boxes, I upgraded from Internet only to Full cable ater I left Dish. The guy shows up on time, only brings one HD box, not even a DVR, gets mud all over my carpet, plugs in the box and leaves. Didn't even check it out.

It never worked, so I went to the local office, they had a stack of new DVR's in, got two and two digital boxes, thats all they had at the time and took them home and they still didn't work. I also notice my cable modem no longer worked. The guy had took off my 2 way splitter and put on a standard 3 way, so I fixed that. They ended up replacing the drop and the TV's work fine, but they somehow knocked my cable modem off my account and after 2 weeks, finally got that taken care of yesterday after about 10 calls from me. If Dish had ticked me off so bad, I would have never switch because I knew what it would be like.

tada - sorta

Well... I went down to the local office and did indeed pick up the HD DVR box. Installed it in bedroom to relplace the old digital box. Worked fine!!!
Went to the living room later to watch some tv in there (standard digital box), and no picture. Have been on the phone with them five times since. Still no picture. Last call they did a "hard reset". Said it will stay off for 30 min. funning thing...
before the reset hit, I went into the configuration setup display and where it had "Disconnect: Yes". The new HD DVR said "Disconnect: No". I told them that and they said they didnt understand why it would say that since there end said that it was no disconnected. Waiting to see what happens when it comes back online after the reset hit.

MediaCom= WORSE CALBE CO IN WORLD..... They lie about appointments, they lie about pricing, after 3 years of $130.00 package every month, they SHAFT me and charge me OUTRAGEOUS disconnect fees..... They SUCK and I tell everyone I run into to that!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)