Uverse hookup nightmare

lern4483

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 6, 2004
Pompano beach, Fl
Ok,

I have a guy from Uverse setting up the system for 2 days? Does this seem normal?

That however, does not bother me as much as the damage he did to my cieling.
He asked if he could go to my attic to run a line down. I said sure. I did warn him to please walk on the beams.

Last night, I looked up at where he ran the wire and I had a 4' crack. I spoke to At@t and they said they would fix it.

As you can imagine Im so far not happy to say the least.

I do understand that a new service has issue and kinks to work out but damaging my cieling???

Thats not exceptable.:mad:

The install should have taken max 6 hours. Sounds like he either
1) is having issues with other ATT depts (has he gotten signal to your NID on the outside of the house?)
or
2) is incompetent.

The install should have taken max 6 hours. Sounds like he either
1) is having issues with other ATT depts (has he gotten signal to your NID on the outside of the house?)
or
2) is incompetent.

Update: guy has been here since 10am.
Had to call supervisor for help.

Incompetent is it. I asked how long hes been doing this.

His answer was 2 weeks. Thats comforting.

Everything is up. However hes having issues connecting one of my 3
desktops.

Picture is very nice...(TV SERVICE) SD looks incredible. HD Looks outstanding.

Im pleasantly surprised. So far.

The Guy AT&T sent out to hookup my service was not the sharpest knife in the draw but he took his time and got it done very neatly and it was up and running the first try he was here for about 5 hours.

But overall i am happy with the service so far

Beside the 4' crack in my cieling, att says, i do believe they will fix it. Service has gotten better.
ATT had to remotely fix my gateway. So far so good. I was having those pixelation issues.
Seems to be resolved.

Its been good enough for me to say good bye to dish.
Im missing my 722 but it was time to say goodbye.
I will never forgive dish for removing Voom!
Thats why they are gone.

I had to move so I had to get uVerse at my new location. I am also on my 2nd day of installation but it had nothing to do with the technicians. He has done a fantastic job of rewiring a duplex and he had to run a ton of wire to keep it hidden due to may landlord wanting a very clean look.

The problem is that I live on a cul de sac and at the corner the signal is 55mb, but in the course of 800 feet to my duplex it drops down to 25mb at full capacity. I am well under 3000 feet from the VRAD so they have pinpointed it to some faulty overhead wiring on the street. So today they are going to run a dedicated line from the corner to my duplex.

Now that I've been on it for a while, I definitely like it. I have a server up in Dallas that I network backup back to my house where I have a 2+TB disk array, and the 10 meg service means I can back up the entire thing in 4 hours. Unlike the DLink router that the RG replaced, the RG actually doesn't kill off the NAT translation after 2 hours.

I did have to whine at ATT about the install charge on my bill, and the charges for voice for the 5 days that it took to port the number, but they removed it quickly.

I don't have the TV service, just internet and voice.

Indiana U-verse Problems

It took about 7-8 hours for the initial install of U-verse at Indiana home and they weren't able to finish. AT&T U-verse technicians came back out several more times over the next two weeks to try to fix the problems and they finally gave up before we got the last TV installed.

We had many problems with the AT&T U-verse Gateway and the wireless home network provided by AT&T. The internet speeds were so inconsistent that even reading e-mail became a burden. Playing games on the internet was impossible. AT&T told us they couldn't deliver reliable, consistent internet speeds via their wireless network. Bummer. I thought they could have fixed the problem, but I guess not. Has anyone else had this problem???

We had really wanted to switch to U-verse for the television but the wireless internet just didn't work.

att-consumer-report .com

I think it is just too new for us and there are too many bugs to work out.

Here in South Florida its brand new. Not all of Florida is up yet. Just certain parts of the state.
I have a a tech out maybe six times. They all say they fixed the pixel issue that keeps showing up on the stations\channels.

Its seems the right hand does not know what the left hand is doing.

They are not up to speed yet.
Very bumpy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts