Basic question from complete noobie - re: burning to DVD

Lemur

Original poster
May 30, 2007
Very basic question, I'm sure - but I'm a complete noobie when it comes to any DVR.

I tape, unfortunately, far too much -- currently, on VHS. Ideally, I'd like to record a show and then burn it to DVD. However, I don't THINK I want to burn it to DVD right from the recording device (as that will take too long to burn, perhaps).

Here is what I want to do -- not sure about the feasibility and/or equipment I need...

I'd like to record a show. Then (whether by sending it to my computer or not) burn that show(s) onto a DVD, for later viewing on a regular DVD player.

This way, when I get way behind in my watching, I won't have stacks of VHS tapes; I'll have a far more compact pile....

Is this something fairly common for people to do? Will the io DVR unit record to DVD quickly (or will it take as long as the actual show itself)?

Thanks!

Chris

Well, you have posted this request in the wrong forum & really has nothing to do w/ Cablevision...(even if you are using their dvr) you might want to post it in the dvd recording or dvr section to solve the issue you are having

Very basic question, I'm sure - but I'm a complete noobie when it comes to any DVR.

I tape, unfortunately, far too much -- currently, on VHS. Ideally, I'd like to record a show and then burn it to DVD. However, I don't THINK I want to burn it to DVD right from the recording device (as that will take too long to burn, perhaps).

Here is what I want to do -- not sure about the feasibility and/or equipment I need...

I'd like to record a show. Then (whether by sending it to my computer or not) burn that show(s) onto a DVD, for later viewing on a regular DVD player.

This way, when I get way behind in my watching, I won't have stacks of VHS tapes; I'll have a far more compact pile....

Is this something fairly common for people to do? Will the io DVR unit record to DVD quickly (or will it take as long as the actual show itself)?

Thanks!

Chris
It will record at the same speed as the show. Also when trying to record a movie it was blocked via some kinda of contect protection. Not sure how considering I was using simple RCA cables from the HD DVR to the DVD burner. Hmmm anybody?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts