VOOM on Uverse?

js6425

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 28, 2007
Milwaukee, WI
I was browsing the AT&T Utalk forums and noticed this post from what I assume is an AT&T employee. I don't know how credible it is, but I just wanted to pass it on.

I was just wanting to inform everyone about some inside info I got this afternoon from a Manager.

He informed me that the Gears are churning within AT&T to get way more options released by 2Q2009 to be able to compete with other Cable and Satellite Companies alike.

The First step will be to add an additional 42 more HD Channels by the year's end (including the Voom HD Networks). The Second step will be to add HD VOD by the end of 3Q2008, which is not that far away at all. Subscription VOD type of programming should be released any day possibly he said too. They are working with InDemand to try to contract to receive their programming which includes loads more VOD, PPV, HD-PPV, HD offerings also (Mojo HD).

He did say that 1080p movies has just begun testing with their testers, but there is no release date for this at all.

As far as WHDVR, no definite date at this time right now due to some issues with the launch of this service, but should launch in the newer VHO before it does in the older VHO!

There is going to loads more SD channels added soon also he quoted as well, when those contracts can be secured.

Hope this helps out some with your wanting to know information.

Voom HD Networks + HD VOD + Subscription VOD + 1080p movies by end of 1Q2009 - TV Programming - U-talk Peer-to-Peer Forums

This would be awesome! Hope, this comes true.

How ironic would it be to see some of the VOOM channels popping up on cable and satellite...and E* can't get them due to their ongoing litigation with VOOM. I still say it won't happen until something is done about E*'s 20% ownership in VOOM HD Networks.

I still say it won't happen until something is done about E*'s 20% ownership in VOOM HD Networks.
I think if AT&T agrees to carry all 15 channels, then E*'s ownership and the ongoing letigation would not stay in the way. A differently structured agreement might be a problem though.

I am keeping my fingers crossed. I brought in Att and just dumped dish.
They have called me (dish) three times to have me reconnect.

Im done with dish for now. I will miss the best dvr but their customer service and take down of Voom put the nail in the coffin for me.

Dish CSRs have told me for three days that Voom is out of bussiness. That was a laugh.

An early xmas gift from Att with Voom channels...I cant wait.

AT&T competes with Cablevision here in CT. For the longest time (and it may still be true) Cablevision refused to let UVERSE carry Fuse, MSG HD and one other channel they own in Connecticut (while they permitted these channels in other UVERSE markets)

The sports I can understand, but is Fuse really "must have" programming? Or was it just caught up because it's now being run by the MSG Networks group (so I have read)?

FWIW I do think Voom would be great for U-Verse, and they would never have to transmit Voom unless someone requests it, because it's all IPTV. Therefore there can be no claims of "wasted bandwidth" in this case.

The sports I can understand, but is Fuse really "must have" programming? Or was it just caught up because it's now being run by the MSG Networks group (so I have read)?

FWIW I do think Voom would be great for U-Verse, and they would never have to transmit Voom unless someone requests it, because it's all IPTV. Therefore there can be no claims of "wasted bandwidth" in this case.

Att bring it (Voom on!) I will deffinately request and pay for it!

I get adverts in the mail from U-verse all the time. I will wait and see whether or not they actually add Voom. I'm not going to a a service that's more expensive than Dish, has fewer HD channels and worse HD PQ on just the possibility they will have Voom.

I get adverts in the mail from U-verse all the time. I will wait and see whether or not they actually add Voom. I'm not going to a a service that's more expensive than Dish, has fewer HD channels and worse HD PQ on just the possibility they will have Voom.

I would agree. Thats why I have direc tv as well. However, i have had Att for 2 weeks. The HD is just as good as dish. As far as HD channels, well, they are not there yet.

They do have kinks to work out in my area. No contract, so, what the heck. Im giving it a free spin.

So far so good.

Im not sure id say better that the satelite systems yet-but there is a ton of potential.

I just got U-Verse. I dropped Dish for it. Dish was getting expensive. I got internet, phone and TV for the price of my Dish account. DISH nickled and Dimed me. The HD PQ ( IMHO) is as good as DISH. I do not like the DVR at all. Overall, I do like it. More HD is on the way as they have to compete...... I heard the same rumor about VOOM to..

I just got U-Verse. I dropped Dish for it. Dish was getting expensive. I got internet, phone and TV for the price of my Dish account. DISH nickled and Dimed me. The HD PQ ( IMHO) is as good as DISH. I do not like the DVR at all. Overall, I do like it. More HD is on the way as they have to compete...... I heard the same rumor about VOOM to..

Did you say you dont like th uverse dvr?? I think its just ok. But again I think the upside is very good.

If rumors about Voom are true..I cant wait!!!

I would agree. Thats why I have direc tv as well. However, i have had Att for 2 weeks. The HD is just as good as dish. As far as HD channels, well, they are not there yet.

They do have kinks to work out in my area. No contract, so, what the heck. Im giving it a free spin.

So far so good.

Im not sure id say better that the satelite systems yet-but there is a ton of potential.

I'm leaning towards doing something alomg the lines of what you are doing. I'm going to keep DISH for the time being on my two upstairs tv's that are run by the VIP622, a marvelous machine. I have a 222 on my family room tv. I may try ATT UVERSE on that now that it is available in my neighborhood with no contract.

I'm leaning towards doing something alomg the lines of what you are doing. I'm going to keep DISH for the time being on my two upstairs tv's that are run by the VIP622, a marvelous machine. I have a 222 on my family room tv. I may try ATT UVERSE on that now that it is available in my neighborhood with no contract.

Thats a great idea. Att is running a real nice promotion right now. Its a no brainer to just try the service.
1 month free service and 200 bucks back. No contract..what could be better?

I do agree with you about the 622. Best DVR\Along with the 722 on the market. Basically same machine bigger hard drive.

Att is still not functioning properly right now. I have had a slew of techs tring to fix it.
Once they get it right it will be a real nice system. However, im not saying good bye to satelite right now.

Not sold yet on Att. But if they get Voom, im locked into it!!!

As much as I dislike the idea of being dependent on Ma Bell I'm so tired of the never ending conflicts with Dish. So without Voom, Dish is not worth the headaches and uncertainties.

I've begun the process with Uverse. Scheduled for next Tuesday. There will be some overlap with Dish as a fall back but my hopes are by the following Thursday I can turn off Dish.

We'll get all the programming HD and SD that we watch. (post Voom) Looking forward to a company with a positive attitude. Hopefully one with Voom and Whole House Dvr in the near future.

Went through the early days of Voom DBS and know what new technology is like. No problem. It's funny it's taken Dish all this time to do what Voom DBS was built to do since day one.

As much as I dislike the idea of being dependent on Ma Bell I'm so tired of the never ending conflicts with Dish. So without Voom, Dish is not worth the headaches and uncertainties.

I've begun the process with Uverse. Scheduled for next Tuesday. There will be some overlap with Dish as a fall back but my hopes are by the following Thursday I can turn off Dish.

We'll get all the programming HD and SD that we watch. (post Voom) Looking forward to a company with a positive attitude. Hopefully one with Voom and Whole House Dvr in the near future.

Went through the early days of Voom DBS and know what new technology is like. No problem. It's funny it's taken Dish all this time to do what Voom DBS was built to do since day one.

Very similar situation. Uverse is working out the bumps. Last night I saw only one time pixelation. Otherwise picture is pristine.

I am hoping Voom will surface on Uverse but I will stay with them anyway for the potential of the system.

I still have sat backup until im sure all kinks are worked out on Att. I will still keep direc for NFL anf NHL ticket.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts