HDTV OTA with Superdish or Dish 500

Status
Please reply by conversation.
G

Original poster
Does anyone know if there are OTA HDTV antenna that would work with either model? First, I'm debating of whether jumping on board with the 6000u promotion. If I wait for the 811, can I still use my dish 500 with an OTA antenna? :? I heard that ther are some you can clip right onto the dish? This stuff is getting me confused. Thanks for the help...

The OTA/cable connection is on the back of the 6000/811. It is separate from the cable that comes from the satellite dish. Now you can buy 2 boxes called Diplexors that will put both the satellite signal and the OTA signal on the same cable. You use one outside by the dish/OTA to combine them to one cable, then you use the other one inside to split the signal back to 2 cables at the reciever.

The over the air antenna is completely separate from the Dish 500 or SuperDish. I use an antenna I got from Loews (see http://www.antennaweb.org to help pick out an antenna for your area). Note that the 6000 (and I assume the 811) will also work with your cable company. I used to get locals from the cable company (for 10.80/month) until I finally got ambitious and bought the big antenna needed for my area and put it on the roof. If you are close to the towers you might be able to get by with a clip on antenna. I needed a big one since some of my towers are 40 miles away.

The OTA antenna will also help in recieving the HDTV broadcasts in your area.

Anonymous said:
Does anyone know if there are OTA HDTV antenna that would work with either model? First, I'm debating of whether jumping on board with the 6000u promotion. If I wait for the 811, can I still use my dish 500 with an OTA antenna? :? I heard that ther are some you can clip right onto the dish? This stuff is getting me confused. Thanks for the help...

You might want to check out these threads at AVSForum. They have the best local reception info. Find the thread that matches your area. You may need to page through the first 2-3 pages to find it.
See: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=45

Robert

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts