HDTV Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

shodobe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
NorCal
New to this HDTV stuff. I am looking at getting a new TV this spring and it is HD. I am not hot at getting HD on my Dish, so the question is, no problem getting the TV then and upgrading to "superdish" later on? I know you need the reciever to get the HD channels but it won't interfere waiting on it and just using the HDTV as a regular set for now. Right now there isn't enough selection to upgrade but does the "superdish" still get all the channels just like the 510 or does it only work with HD recievers? Sorry, hope this makes since, thanks Mike

You dont need a HDTV for your Dish HD Receiver, it does have bult in SD mode. :)

One nice thing about watching a HD program on your SD TV is the picture is MUCH clearer on the HD to SD picture then if you just watched the regular SD channel. :)

For example you sub to HBO and you get HBO HD, if you watch HBO HD on your SD set you will notice the picture is much better then regular HBO on channel 300. :)

The superdish will work with all "dish Pro" receivers so yes it will work fine with the 510. The superdish will add some locals, but the main idea of the dish itself is for adding a third slot(105) for HD, so a dish500 would work fine for your purpose if you are not getting a HD receiver.

Scott Greczkowski said:
For example you sub to HBO and you get HBO HD, if you watch HBO HD on your SD set you will notice the picture is much better then regular HBO on channel 300. :)

Good point though! :)

The one thing I really like about HD is the widescreen picture. I have an analog 57" theater wide tv so I will be getting the 921, HD package and using it in a SD mode. All this to just get the 16:9 picture and a much cleaner sat and antenna picture.

HD is truely great even for us that don't have an HDTV.

Shawn