hdtv question.

cheezehead

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 25, 2005
942 and ant installed today in new house. Old house was a block away with 811 and everything was great. All locals received no problem. Have a 811 feeding a hdtv and a zenith hdtv with local receiver built in and locals were great. In new house 942 feeding projection tv and locals received with same zenith tv. All locals are working except for local wichita channel 36 UPN. On the dish network 942 see 67% signal strength but no picture. On Zenith TV with its built in QAM receiver, sees signal good signal strenth (sorry doesnt show %) sometimes shows the channel, picture freezes and then says NO SIGNAL. Both receivers see the channel and scan it in. Any suggestions?????

I thought since i live real close the the local broadcasts (other channels see 100%) maybe i should att the signal and see if it makes a difference. Two attenuators in and no change. I am so frustrated. And the funny think is I dont even watch UPN, but you never know when you may want to.

Please help

Local dish rep said he had no ideas.

Cheezehead

77% wow i am right next to the ant. Maybe the channel is having a prob. I have tried calling a friend to see if he is having any trouble but no answer. They both see enough signal to scan the channel. I will keep playing.

Try barely adjusting the antenna. If that doesn't work then it could just be the difference between the 811 & 942 OTA receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts