Heads Up...HTC One for $100 @ Best Buy this week

DWS44

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2004
Rock Hill, SC
Heads up for anyone in the market for a One. Email from BB shows the 32GB One for AT&T or Sprint for $99.99 (new or upgrade 2 year contract, of course).

Info here

Has anyone used amazon to get a phone? If so, how does that work? It reads that you must keep THAT device active for so many days (180ish). So say if you got the One, and had a Note 2 (or something), you could not swap back and forth as the need arises. Is that so?

I think I remember reading that on amazon's website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I remember reading that on amazon's website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's certainly the way I read it, if so it puts a pretty big limitation on it for me.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Has anyone used amazon to get a phone? If so, how does that work? It reads that you must keep THAT device active for so many days (180ish). So say if you got the One, and had a Note 2 (or something), you could not swap back and forth as the need arises. Is that so?
We've gotten a number of phones from Amazon and I have to admit, I have no idea about this restriction. Did I read the agreement ? Nope.... :eek:

It's certainly the way I read it, if so it puts a pretty big limitation on it for me.

I've read a few of these sorts of requirements over at Android Central. I think Wirefly is another one who does this. Really cheap deals on the phones, but with requirements to keep it activated for X amount of time...or face a charge that would negate the big savings should you deactivate the device.

What's the point of that requirement ? When you take the phone at these subsidized rates, they hook you for another "x" years on contract. That's where they get their money.... I don't understand, or can't think of a reason, why they care that the phone stays active.

I'm still debating whether to get the Subsidized version or waiting and getting the Google version. I'm not a fan of Sense, but of course I can't do anything until late July when I'm eligible to upgrade.

I saw a video on how to remove/bypass Sense. I'm no where near savvy enough to do it, way too complicated for me.

It's easy to remove Sense if you root your phone. Otherwise, you can install a 3rd-party launcher but all of Sense and it's large memory footprint are still running in the background.

Removing Sense in this case also messes with some of the (much lauded) camera settings if I am not mistaken.

It's easy to remove Sense if you root your phone. Otherwise, you can install a 3rd-party launcher but all of Sense and it's large memory footprint are still running in the background.
Well Sense (last I checked) was more than just a launcher and even many of the custom ROMs available have some sort of Sense on them. I'm going to wait for reviews on the upcoming Pure Google version. I've had Vanilla Google since my Nexus 1 and have grown to prefer that over all these available skins/UI overhauls.

Removing Sense in this case also messes with some of the (much lauded) camera settings if I am not mistaken.
Yeap - if you "remove" Sense, you break a whole bunch of stuff. Sense includes the launcher, dialer, contacts, camera / video camera, etc, etc. It's best, IMO, to either stick with Sense or go 100% Sense-less. If you like the Sense bits and pieces, you have to leave them in there, running in the background, using up memory... Mind you, I like Sense because of how well integrated all of those bits and pieces are, but I also dislike it because of it's giant footprint.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts