Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Subject: PROGRAMMING UPDATE - Health & Human Services Launch

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Effective January 31, 2007 by 5pm ET, DISH Network will launch Health & Human Services as new Public Interest (PI) offering. All customers, regardless of the programming they subscribe to will have access to Health & Human Services but must have a dish pointed at either the 61.5 or 148 orbital slots in order to view the programming.

The Health and Human Services Television Network, HHS-TV, is a new and unique, commercial-free source for health and emergency preparedness information.

From the world's leading experts, HHS-TV is the place to turn for high-quality medical, health and wellness programming. And, when necessary, HHS-TV will be there for you and your family with accurate and up-to-date emergency information.

The updated information regarding the station is:

Station:
HHS

DISH Network Channel:

Satellite:
148/61.5

When are they going to actually give us a channel that a majority of people want? They do these niche channels that nobody cares about. Give us some RSNHD, or mainstream television.

When are they going to actually give us a channel that a majority of people want? They do these niche channels that nobody cares about. Give us some RSNHD, or mainstream television.

they have arequirement to provide a certain number of PI channels and I believe that they lost one recently.

they have arequirement to provide a certain number of PI channels and I believe that they lost one recently.

yep, the FCC revoked RFD's PI status recently.

BTW, how do you hook up a third dish to a DISH 500? I have a spare single-LNB DBS dish I could use but I doubt DISH would come out and provide free installation to integrate that dish into my system (with 625 receiver) in order to give me the 110/119 and 148 slots.

If you have a DPP Twin then you just put the 3rd dish into the input slot on the Twin. If you do not have a DPP Twin then you need a switch.

yep, the FCC revoked RFD's PI status recently.

The FCC told them they had to drop the commercial content, such as the Cattle Auction.

DiSH Network moved it from 119w to 110w, but it still has a PI channel number.

This would not justify adding a PI channel to 61.5w and 148w as the requirements are slot specific.

The channel that left was 9417 Holistic Television Network.

Last edited:
Has this channel been activated yet? It was not in my EPG as of last night.
Yes, it was live last night on 9402 IIRC. The program guide was about 1 hr ahead of the actual program, so you couldn't see what was on very far into the future.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)