HEAT: 722 vs Hopper?

KasumiX

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Mar 27, 2012
Denver, CO
How does the Hopper compare to the 722 with regard to heat? Twice now I've gotten the warning to shut down my 722 because it was too hot. While it is in a cabinet, the front and back is open air and the left side (where the 722 exhausts) has easily 3 inches of clearance. While no equipment lease fee is nice, I'd rather pay more for a unit that operates normally. My old HR20 with DirecTV managed 3 years in a much tighter space with no issues at all. Since I'm new I can probably still get the Hopper without paying $99. The 722 fan is also really, really loud. How does the Hopper compare on that front?

I'm aware of some cooling systems out there for sale, which is the route I'll go if need be.

Never had any heating problem with my ViP722 even with a PS3 on top of it and a Wii on the side. Just updgraded to the Hopper and is like half the size of the ViP722 so it will have more clearance for cooling.

Since you are new, but already a subscriber, you will probably have to wait for a good deal, or pay extra. Dish has already invested in you, and they would like to see some return on their investment before investing more in you. That said, it doesn't always work that way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts