Heath Ledger Dead

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamey K

Recovering Voomer
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 16, 2005
West Texas
From MSNBC:

NEW YORK - Heath Ledger was found dead Tuesday at a downtown Manhattan residence in a possible drug-related death, police said. He was 28.

According to WNBC, Ledger was found with pills strewn all around him.

NYPD spokesman Paul Browne said Ledger had an appointment for a massage at the Manhattan apartment believed to be his home. The housekeeper, who went to let Ledger know the masseuse was there, found him unconscious at approximately 3:30 p.m. ET, according to the New York Times. After receiving no response from the actor after shaking him, they called authorities.

Heath Ledger found dead in NYC apartment - Celebrities - MSNBC.com

Unbelievable. Really liked his acting. A knights tale was one of my favs and he was good early in his career in 10 things I hate about you. Ill look past BB mountain

He was also excellent in The Patriot, in fact the one bright spot in that film for me. I'll not look past Brokeback Mountain. He showed all of his acting chops for that role, whether you approve of that lifestyle or not. He was, after all, nominated for an Oscar and a Golden Globe....

He was also excellent in The Patriot, in fact the one bright spot in that film for me. I'll not look past Brokeback Mountain. He showed all of his acting chops for that role, whether you approve of that lifestyle or not. He was, after all, nominated for an Oscar and a Golden Globe....

I agree; I didn't like the movie, but was impressed with both him and Jake Gyllendal (sp.). And he was great in The Patriot.

The Dark Knight is in post-production. I'm gonna say yes, he's finished shooting it. Now if they need some retakes, they have a bit of a problem.

The Dark Knight is in post-production. I'm gonna say yes, he's finished shooting it. Now if they need some retakes, they have a bit of a problem.

They would likely do like they did in "The Crow" when Brandon Bruce Lee was accidentally killed during filming; just take many composite shots of his face and digitize them and then overlay those onto a stand-in that does the retakes. With some CGI and digital lighting effects; they should be OK.

Definitely a sad situation with him having a baby recently and his being young. This would be the second 20 something up and coming actor to die in a week thats related to a drug overdose. I didnt think he was in his 20's after seeing the recent picture of him thats linked with the article from the AP, his hairline has receeded heavily and he looks to be in his mid to late 40's in the face so one would asume that he's been leading a hard lifestyle for some time now. I dont think that there has been any part of his work that I havent liked in BBM wich I had to give him alot of credit for willing to risk damaging his career doing that movie.

Theres a recent picture from 2007 and one from 2001, drastic change in a short time.

IMDB has already updated his info, Heath Ledger

He was also working on a movie called "The imaginarium of doctor Parnassus" thats slated to be released next year.

Attachments

• ledger.jpg
    ledger.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 114
  • knight2.jpg
    knight2.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 101
There have been three guys that my wife has had the hots for since we've been married.

The Crocodile hunter.
Heath Ledger
and Sawyer from Lost.

Looks like Sawyer better get his house in order.

Sorry to hear. I enjoyed his acting. My favorite was his portrayal of "Skip" the surfshop owner in Lords of Dogtown.

He seemed to have a lot going for him, but, he apparently had his problems too. I wish his family the best.

He did an interview not to long ago and in it he stated he had been stressed out after doing Dark Knight and two other movies and had slept very little averaging 2 hours a night and had even on one night popped two ambien and only slept an hour, as he put it his mind was constantly thinking. That statement along with the drastic change in his appearance in such a short time makes you wonder what he was doing and going through over the last year of his life. I've been suffering with alot of stress over the last 20 months and havent slept well for a while, I know also first hand what depression can make you do and think and that coupled with stress and poor sleep makes for some eratic thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts