Heavy Pixelation, Unwatchable

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mace_freley

Original poster
Apr 10, 2009
Gainesville, FL
Greetings All,

I have a 622 (I'm pretty sure, at work right now) and over the past few days I have come home from work and turned on my TV and the image is heavily pixelated. I mean it's literally a series of squares, so bad that the guide isn't even readable (on a 60" TV). A reboot fixed it, but I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this. Does this signal the beginning of the end for the receiver? Is this issue bad enough to warrant a replacement from DISH? Any input would be helpful. Cheers!

I'm getting some pixelation on my222 on scenes containing a lot of shadow. I was wondering if it might not be my LCD TV. At times its like the scene was projected on a home movie screen. Live TV doesn't seem to have this.

I've experienced intermittent pixelation since install (12/3). The following is from Dish Network website (troubleshooting):
INTERMITTENT SIGNAL LOSS
Symptom: Errors 002, 015, intermittent signal loss messages, low signal on the signal stength bar, intermittent black screens, pixels, blocks in video, audio pops.
Cause: Caused by poor weather, damaged cable, misaligned dish, or malfunctioning equipment. Local DMAs on a Spot Beam may display signal issues if traveling or in fringe areas.
Prevention: Signal loss issues can be avoided by ensuring the dish is clean, the cable is protected from damage from lawn equipment, animals and the elements, and all cable connections are secure.
Troubleshooting: Legacy and DISH Pro installations are diagnosed differently for signal loss. Error messages display Satellite, Transponder, and Progress information on some receivers. The progress counter shows where the receiver is at in acquiring switch matrix information.
(Omitted - text pop-ups)
Info Banner PopUp - RANDOM
VIDEO PIXELS or BLOCKS
Symptom: Pixels, blocks in video, audio pops.
Cause: Caused by poor video cable, poor video from provider displayed on an HDTV, poor weather, damaged cable, misaligned dish, or malfunctioning equipment. Local DMAs on a Spot Beam may have issues if they are in fringe areas or when traveling.
Prevention: Avoid these issues by ensuring a good quality video cable is used, the dish is clean, the cable is protected from damage from lawn equipment, animals and the elements, and all cable connections are secure.

Also - ?
Troubleshooting: Grounding the System; refer to diagram; see if system is grounded.
Super Diagnostics: Access system info and settings. (Page by page display/description).
Current Software: Vip 222k; Model 1000; Version 8.77P; current; released 12/19/2009

As far as this pixelation - is there an amount that's 'acceptable?'

Daughter had trouble after heavy rains last week. She has a 722 & 622. Dish service man said water get into lines and switches as original installer did not seal connections correctly. He changed the switch and all outside cable runs. Now every thing is back to normal. Might be same problem.

Keep in mind, according to the OP the GUIDE is unreadable. That points more to a connection problem between the receiver and TV than between the dish and the receiver.

How are you connected to the TV? HDMI or component? Try a different cable, a different input on the TV, or a different device to feed the TV. If you're using HDMI, try component (you can use two sets of red/white audio cables for testing, just make sure you know what's connected to what. ie: cable1 red is 'green', cable1 white is 'blue', cable2 red is 'red').

Satellite misalignment or cable problem from the dish to the receiver would not cause pixelation on your guide. The guide is downloaded and stored on the receiver's hard drive and served from there and not live from the satellite. Besides it would never be pixelated. As suggested above, there is something amiss between your TV and the receiver - possibly as bad receiver or bad cables I would try a different input between your receiver and the TV. If that input is good and you get a clear picture, you most likely have a bad port on your tv or box or bad cables connecting the two.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)