612 prob..any guesses?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

chefly

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 18, 2008
Actually a couple of probs..I can call support, but we all know how that goes.... ;)

First...random pop of "your smart card is not authorized message" actually have no smart card as this receiver is fairly new to the home, and I didn't have to do the "switch" a while back.

Second.....at random times whether live or DVR I get a pop message that "due to internal problem remote cannot connect to receiver" and gives me option to ge "Help" "Cancel" or "Yes" It only pops for a second or less, and then back to whatever I am watching. I actually caught it a few days ago, and it asked me to reset receiver..I did, but still keep getting this message...there is no "error code" number with it, and I just dont know what to do. (to add, if I rewind the dvr/program for 10 sec jump, the message does not appear again, so not caused by the program.)

Thanks for any help gang!

OK, I finally got an answer by calling...first rep was great, and kept me on for 1/2 hr and pushed up to her supervisor....couldn't find the error code....so I looked REALLY hard at the next flash and saw 112,,,seems like it is an odd error and doesn't usually affect 612's...so I guess I am getting ANOTHER 612...is tgis model just crap, or have I had bad luck?

OK, I finally got an answer by calling...first rep was great, and kept me on for 1/2 hr and pushed up to her supervisor....couldn't find the error code....so I looked REALLY hard at the next flash and saw 112,,,seems like it is an odd error and doesn't usually affect 612's...so I guess I am getting ANOTHER 612...is tgis model just crap, or have I had bad luck?

The 612s have not been the most stable of Dish receivers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)