Helena, Montana and Yuma, Ar-Elcentro, CA Locals coming

tinydoughboy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 8, 2008
Jacksonville, NC
I just got this update:
(if this has already been posted I am sorry)

Helena, MT Locals Launching
General Updates 5/14/2008
DISH Network intends to launch local programming from the Helena, Montana DMA on Thursday, May 15, by 6:00 a.m. EDT. The launch of the Helena, Montana market brings DISH Network's local offerings to 176 DMAs.

StationAffiliationLocal Ch #DISH Network Channel Yuma, Arizona-El Centro, CA Locals Launching
General Updates 5/14/2008
DISH Network intends to launch local programming from the Yuma, Arizona-El Centro, California DMA on Thursday, May 15, by 6:00 a.m. EDT. The launch of the Yuma, Arizona-El Centro, California market brings DISH Network's local offerings to 177 DMAs.

They are SD, in fact DISH is the only one that has locals in this area, Direct does not. As for HD, we are so far down the DMA list it will be at minimum the end of the year if not next year before we get HD locals. But, when ota is terrible and your one and only cable company is analog and poor PQ, you are grateful for the SD on Dish!!

Heh... I grew up in Helena, and my mom lives in Yuma now. So when I saw the headline of HD locals coming to these two markets, I definitely had to do a double-take. I think Borat's village in Kazakhstan will get HD locals before Helena does. I still have family in that part of the world and it is not a good place to be an HDTV junkie.

What orbital location will these be going to?

(insert bad joke here)
My guess is they are going to 61.5 and this is why Dish took down Voom!
(end bad joke)

You know it!!!! Worst cable company I have ever seen. Since we are a small town (700) and cable does not fall under the Digital in February, we will probably never even get digital cable. Same cable that is used here has been here since the first cable company 30 years ago.

huh wild guess. So it sounds like they haven't done anything in 10 years. I remember them when I lived in Duluth, MN around 98 and they sucked then...thank god Charter bought them out :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)