Hell's Kitchen Season 6

Wow. Sparks are flying this season. Left the episode with a chef calling Chef Ramsey out to the parking lot. Gone in my book.

Previous winner Heather is back as the Red kitchen;s executive chef. Robert, last year's contestant, is back for a second chance after leaving with a medical condition.

S~

Yeah, that dude is a nutjob and he is gone for sure. What a clown. Glad to see "Big Boy" back. Hopefully he picks up his performance and does well. I really wish he would have lost some weight though. He can't be healthy. Too bad they didn't send him to Biggest Loser or something and then bring him back to HK.

Yeah, that dude is a nutjob and he is gone for sure. What a clown. Glad to see "Big Boy" back. Hopefully he picks up his performance and does well. I really wish he would have lost some weight though. He can't be healthy. Too bad they didn't send him to Biggest Loser or something and then bring him back to HK.

That would be a great idea - if BL was a Fox show (or HK on NBC), it probably would have happened...

Yeah, good point. I guess they wouldn't want to promote cross over like that. Still wish the guy would do sometihng to be a bit more healthy.

I agree. How could he not still have the same medical condition?

In the short time after his medical event, there was probably still some uncertainty and unknowns involved so a decision had to be made prematurely to pull him out. Im sure there's more discussion about it out on the interwebs somewhere.

If he's able to come back, they should bring Koi back too, the girl that broke her ankle.

Found this interview from April, says he lost 55lbs and his condition improved. Dude looks as big as ever, he's going to get gastric bypass surgery, that'll turn him into the guy from Varsity Blues in no time.

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/hells-kitchen/exclusive-interview-robert-hes-27863.aspx

lester.jpg

Last edited:
Pretty much what expected to happen happened. Overall good episode. Robert still needs to pull his act together.

S~

I am happy the episode settle down from the totally over the top tension
and the insane moron talked himself out of the competition.
Now that this season has settled to the standard shouting fest, I am starting to enjoy it a bit more.

My question is how the first set of chefs are chosen. It seems to me that some of the original groups every season are so awful right off the bat. Some are so sub-par in their skills that it's like there is the "hell's Kitchern" version of a Senjaya every year. :)

See ya
Tony

Yeah, good point. I guess they wouldn't want to promote cross over like that. Still wish the guy would do sometihng to be a bit more healthy.

The show in general is the definition of unhealthy. I think there's a prerequisite that all contestants have to smoke and drink heavily, and if you're overweight that's a plus, too.

Not to mention the stress the show puts on them....

That's what I'm saying. Most of the chefs in Hell's Kitchen are already professionals. Working in a professional kitchen as a Chef you are under constant pressure from all sides. Not this over the top scream fest we know as Hell's Kitchen, but your performance is evaluated on a per customer basis. I am willing to bet that in a scientific survey we would find that a higher percentage of professional kitchen workers smoke than the general public.

That's what I'm saying. Most of the chefs in Hell's Kitchen are already professionals. Working in a professional kitchen as a Chef you are under constant pressure from all sides. Not this over the top scream fest we know as Hell's Kitchen, but your performance is evaluated on a per customer basis. I am willing to bet that in a scientific survey we would find that a higher percentage of professional kitchen workers smoke than the general public.

I'm with you now... probably true.

There's so much deadweight on both teams, especially the women, that this is pretty painful to watch. Gimpy hand guy is going to have to go soon, just cause of his hand... ankle guy knows his stuff, keep thinking he's one of the regular chefs Ramsey has there with him, the one that yelled at i-cant-cook-meat guy.

Sucks that both of the gimpy guys appear like they can actually cook, while people like Whoopi (not trying to sound racist, but im waiting for her to start singing jump and jack flash during a service) and Lovely on the other team just sit there and suck up airtime with useless drama that wont matter after they're gone in 3-4 weeks.

I like Robert a lot, but the way its cut it makes it look like he's flipping out over so little.

Who knows though, I had the same opinion of Andrea and she about won the damn thing last season. The asian girl looks to be following that same path... gets under pressure... folds.

Last edited:
Yeah, I don't understand what Robert was so fired up about. He is going to give himself a heart attack. Dude needs to chill. I agree with meStevo that there are a couple people who look to be really skilled, but most are down right bad!

That's how this show always is (most reality "competition" shows, for that matter) - most of the people on the show are there only because they make good TV. You can't tell me that these yahoos would be in his top 20 if Ramsey could actually go around having his choice of anyone to run his next restaurant...

Good episode last night.

Seems the dead weight is on the red team. Never seen a dinner service that was so totally dominated by a team.

Next week's episode might fall back to last season.

S~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)