Help - 4 Hour Recordings

PopcornNMore

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2005
Gibsonia, PA
We have a VIP722K model DVR which has been working great up until today. All of our recordings continue for 4 to 5 hours even if its a 30 minute or 60 minute program. I'm not too much concerned, but my wife is freaking out. Anyone else experiencing this?

If the reboot doesn't fix it, go into Timers and check the options. The standard is to record for 3 minutes after the end of the schedule, but it can be changed, including the default, to greater than that.

Miner
Yes, but the maximum extension is 90 minutes after, doesn't explain how a 30 minute timer could go to 4 hours...

We have a VIP722K model DVR which has been working great up until today. All of our recordings continue for 4 to 5 hours even if its a 30 minute or 60 minute program. I'm not too much concerned, but my wife is freaking out. Anyone else experiencing this?

I had the same issue yesterday, but was also seeing 'Information Unavailable' and saw bunches of timers potentially misfiring. First tried 'Check Switch' - still had issues. Then did the power reset (unplug, wait, plug in) and most issues cleared up. Manually fixed a few schedule issues. Units corrected itself overnight, everything seems fine now. How's yours?

I had the same issue yesterday, but was also seeing 'Information Unavailable' and saw bunches of timers potentially misfiring. First tried 'Check Switch' - still had issues. Then did the power reset (unplug, wait, plug in) and most issues cleared up. Manually fixed a few schedule issues. Units corrected itself overnight, everything seems fine now. How's yours?

This was exactly what we experienced. We did a reset and will find out tonight if it resolved the problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)