HELP! 622 receiver with a third tv???

mari8781

Original poster
Dec 28, 2009
texas
Okay, I am sure this has been asked and I did do a search but still couldn’t find my exact answer.

I have a 622 receiver connected to family room and master bd. My kids got tv for Christmas and want connection in their playroom. I called dishnetwork and was told my two options were to buy another receiver or sign a contract. I do not want to buy or sign a contract for another receiver since we will be moving in 6 months.

How do I get cable to my kids tv, also it doesn’t matter if they can only watch the same channel as tv2 because we really only watch tv2 at night. Also if there is a way to do this, could you dumb down the instructions I am not that tech savvy and include where I can buy cables etc.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks, a mom looking for a way to get control of the family room tv :D

How are you getting YV2 to the second room now/ are all the rooms involved currently wired with coax cable?

Basically you just need all the coax outlets connected together with splitters, fed from the one connection on the back of the receiver. Then every TV connected to the coax can see the same TV2 on the same channel.

You might already have this, especially if the house had cable before, there is probably a box outside with a splitter in it, and the cables go from there to the various rooms. In that case you can likely just plug the new TV into the outlet and it might "just work".

TV1 is also there on a different channel by the way.

My house is new and we have only had dishnetwork so not sure if the outlet in third bedroom is active..

If I did this with the splitter will i have wires running across the house? i am still a little confused

No, but you need to find out where the coax to the kids bedroom terminates. You basically need to split the signal from TV2 of the 622 to both your kid's bedroom and your master.

You also need to remember that any timers default to TV2, so those late night recordings on Cinemax will show up quite clear. (You might want to lock that and Fashion TV down.)

I have an OTA antenna running throughout the house. I take the two outputs from the DVR and modulate them onto two unused channels and send them out on the OTA cable. This allows all the TVs to get local stations in HD, as well as both Dish outputs in SD. I purchased an extra TV2 remote for those rooms. Very rarely will there be a time that three programs are being watched that one isn't local.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)