Help: 722 Rebooting problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bebop

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 5, 2008
Idaho
Help: Vip722 Continually Rebooting After No Power For 2 Weeks

I just got back from vacation today after 2 weeks of having my ViP722 unplugged (no power). I plugged it back it, and it did the 10 minute boot-up. Since then it has rebooted about 10 times. There was obviously no power, phone nor internet connectied for about 2 weeks while I was gone. I did a system check and the phone and internet connection are good, but the unit still reboots consistently after about 10-15 minutes of being up.

I also changed the nightly update time to get it to restart for the programming update, but that didn't help. I also unplugged it again (for 30 seconds) and plugged it into a different power strip and later on direcly into the wall. No help either. I even tried the 'check switch' trick (twice) and that hasn't changed anything either. The status is continually good when it is up and running to be able to check. 3 satellites, all green and OK.

Is there something else I can do to get it to stop rebooting? Is this common for a receiver to keep rebooting itself after having not been on for a long time with no phone/internet connectivity? It was working just fine before I went on vacation and it had no power during the whole trip.

Any help would be great. Thanks.

UPDATE: CSR said they can't figure out what the problem is so they are sending a technician to look at my receiver/dish setup for $29 (I have the DHPP). I thought it was no charge if you have the DHPP for them to fix your problems - I guess not! Hopefully the problem goes away or the guy can fix it.

The only thing I can think of that changed besides me having the power off for 2 weeks is the snow/ice that happened while I was gone. It's all melted now and the unit works great between rebooting (15 minutes or so) and it all checks out fine during diagnostics/status checks.

Last edited:
Could this thread be moved to the technical discussion forum, it seems more technical than general? If so, thanks.

Maybe someone browsing that forum will have an idea or similar experience. So far the issue has been happening continually for about 6 hours. It even rebooted 3 times while I was talking/on hold with the ever-so-friendly CSR.

Last edited:
UPDATE: CSR said they can't figure out what the problem is so they are sending a technician to look at my receiver/dish setup for $29 (I have the DHPP). I thought it was no charge if you have the DHPP for them to fix your problems - I guess not! Hopefully the problem goes away or the guy can fix it.

The only thing I can think of that changed besides me having the power off for 2 weeks is the snow/ice that happened while I was gone. It's all melted now and the unit works great between rebooting (15 minutes or so) and it all checks out fine during diagnostics/status checks.
The problem is still happening today, but now less often (maybe 5 times total instead of 25 times like yesterday when I first noticed).

Anyone have any ideas before I have to pay $29 to have a technician look at my setup? I'm guessing it is some oddball thing, or the receiver is broken somehow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)