Help a Newbie! I want the best deal!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Nathan

Original poster
Aug 24, 2005
Help a "leporous-disease-ridden-Comcast-subscriber" (me) get on the right track by switching over to satellite TV! (Comcast sucks!!!)

What are the BEST deals for someone who is cautious, doesn't watch much TV and has no HDTV? (But my wife watches her shows (estrogen channels)).

As a "New Subscriber" what deals do I get that can sweeten the deal?

Why not order direct from DirecTV themselves? Why go "third party"?

Help me here! :)

-Nathan :shocked

Thanks guys!

I called and spoke to "Sherry". I got everything that I need. I ended up getting the 18" dish and R10.

Now I have to wait until someone calls me to set it all up after the equipment arrives.

-Nathan

Oh, and I did mention "Satellite guys" web page as a reference. :)

-Nathan

I didn't see the answer to the original question: Why should someone order from a 3rd party dealer as opposed to calling up DirecTV directly? What do you gain with this?

ftaeddie said:
I didn't see the answer to the original question: Why should someone order from a 3rd party dealer as opposed to calling up DirecTV directly? What do you gain with this?

DirecTV will subcontract your installation anyway so you might as well support a forum sponsor with a good reputation.

ftaeddie,

I went with valueelectronics because they had free installation (DirecTV charges $20 for installation).

That's the only up side that I could find about going "third party" as opposed to ordering direct from DirecTV.

-Nathan

Thanks for the reply, Nathan. I was thinking more of a self-install and the relative worth of a subscription from a 3rd party. Of course, it is a very good thing to support the forum sponsors.

Nathan said:
I went with valueelectronics because they had free installation (DirecTV charges $20 for installation).

That's the only up side that I could find about going "third party" as opposed to ordering direct from DirecTV.
I'm going from memory, but I believe there's also free shipping and an extra equipment discount from VE for forum members, making it cheaper right up front. Not only that, they actually know what they're talking about... :yes

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)