Help adding one more vip622 temporarily for Superbowl?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

howletus

Original poster
Sep 2, 2005
So I currently have two vip622 receivers. One was scheduled to be returned to dish but now since the superbowl is at my house this year I thought I'd have two HD TVs going at once. What's the easiest way to do this? The second vip22 will be in the same room as my working vip622 so ideally I could just split the signal coming in to 622 #1 but not sure if this is doable. Currently I have Dish 1000 with a triple dp LNB and a DPP 1K.2 switch w/ separator. Temporarily coming straight off the LNB wouldn't be too difficult either. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks...

If you can get the wiring from the location of each tv to one 622 you can serve one by hdmi and the other with component, I'm assuming you want the same game on both tv's. I sometimes split the component output to two tv's.

So I currently have two vip622 receivers. One was scheduled to be returned to dish but now since the superbowl is at my house this year I thought I'd have two HD TVs going at once...

Wow, you live in Miami right where the stadium is? That is pretty cool! But having 75,000 people over has got to suck just a little bit! ;)

I can reactivate the second 622 no problem. I'm just asking about the connections or if I can split the current signal at the back of receiver 1?

I'm not putting the first TV in the same place as the second. That wouldn't make sense. These TV will be in two different locations in the same room. Component cables aren't that long.

I've heard that you can use composite in the component ports. You can get long component cable, but prolly not today. You can definitely find long composites today at rat shack or wally world.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)