help/advice?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

priester68

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 18, 2008
Natchez, MS
I get my internet service via wifi from my neighbors house who is also my brother. Is there a way to run an ethernet cable from my 722k to my pc and plug it in the ethernet port? Will that work? Or do I need some adapter on my 722k to pick up the signal? How can I do this without establishing my own internet service which I can't afford right now?

yes..its possible

yes, its possible...what you would have to do is 'bridge' the wi-fi adapter on your PC to the ethernet port. This assumes that your desktop PC has both a wi-fi adapter and a ethernet adapter. Once you set this up, you should be able to pull and ip address for the DISH through your brothers network.

I have no idea how to do that. My wifi is a pci(?) card with an antenna sticking out the back. My ethernet plug is right under it. PC came that way. I put the wifi adapter in. What do I need to do now?

you can buy a wireless bridge and hook up both devices that way you will not need to leave the pc on 24/7

or

google - vista bridge network

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts