Help afert "moving"

PMWSpender

Original poster
Oct 20, 2009
Santa Cruz
So I "moved" from my Santa Cruz, CA address to a San Jose address so I could receive the much better San Francisco locals instead of the Monterey channels. The San Francisco locals are on a different spotbeam (4) than the Monterey (32) channels but according to the map found here: SatelliteGuys.US - Dish Network ALL I am well within the area to for spotbeam 4. Now since I have "moved" I am no longer receiving any local channels. Is there something I can do to resolve this? Settings on my receivers or repointing my dish? Or do I need to "move" back to my original address to receive local channels.

I moved from Big Sur to get the SF channels and I got them at first but after a few months they tightened up the spotbeam and I had to move back because I only got the hd signal for about 2 hours a day. I'm now stuck with Monterey.

Did you have to do anything to get the channels at first or are they supposed to show up right away? I'm only about 30 miles away from San Jose and am in the green area found on the map for sunbeam 4. Is it possible I may need to move the dish? Or am I just not going to be able to get the local channels?

Did you have to do anything to get the channels at first or are they supposed to show up right away? I'm only about 30 miles away from San Jose and am in the green area found on the map for sunbeam 4. Is it possible I may need to move the dish? Or am I just not going to be able to get the local channels?

They should show up in your guide, if they didn't show up then you may need to contact them again. make sure you reset your receiver. the sd channels come across just fine down here it's just the signal on the hd channels was down around 15 and came in and out.

Just called them back and all is working now! They said they forgot to change the local channel package I was receiving even though they changed the address. Thanks for the replies!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)