Help: did I lease or purchase my 921 f/ Allsat?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jdavis

Original poster
Mar 22, 2006
I recently upgraded to a 622 from a 921, which I purchased about a year ago from Allsat, or so I thought. Dish claims that I actually leased this receiver even though I paid an up front fee of around $250 which seems like a pretty steep lease fee. Does this sound familiar to anyone? Allsat is clueless and useless. Thanks in advance. FYI - not sure if this is relevant, but I paid the $299 premium in order to upgrade to the 622.

Are you sure it was a 921 and not a 942? The 921 was never available for lease but the 942 was via the $250 lease upgrade fee. Both of these units retail for well over $250 btw.

I have a 921 that Dish is claiming that I am leasing as well. You NEVER could lease a 921, so I dont know where Dish is getting this crap.

In fact, its the one I won during a Charlie Chat Chat about a year ago.

StevenD said:
I have a 921 that Dish is claiming that I am leasing as well. You NEVER could lease a 921, so I dont know where Dish is getting this crap. ...
I have the opposite situation. I paid the up-front money to lease a 942 and Dish insists I own it.:D

There were instances where a 921 was leased in leiu of another piece of equipment on the DHA. So yes, it is possible to lease the 921 depending on how the retailer set it up.

StevenD said:
I have a 921 that Dish is claiming that I am leasing as well. You NEVER could lease a 921, so I dont know where Dish is getting this crap.

In fact, its the one I won during a Charlie Chat Chat about a year ago.
And you currently have 921 posts. Spooky! :D

Sometimes it seems like Dish's CSR's just speculate. I've stopped using them altogether and contact technical support regardless of the issue.

Looks like it has become a common issue for many subscribers. I purchased a 508 two years ago from dishstore.net, and recently bought a VIP 211 to replace the owned 508, and Dish insisted I leased both of them. As a matter of fact, I received a box asking me to return the 508!

I had to email ceo@dishnetwork.com to have them changed. I heard horror stories that Dish will, from time to time, tag equipments from owned to leased for no reason at all.

I suggest that you keep your BoS for future reference!

It is the flunkys that work in billing . I bought my 622 from a local Dish dealer, which means the dealer recorded the sale with Dish on his computer. Yet the billing idiots said I am leasing it. It took a call to a CEO to fix it. If anyone from billing reads this and takes offense, too bad, fix your Dept or take the heat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts