Help! Dish 1000 Install - New to Dish Networks...

korereactor said:
Cox cable is in dispute with most of the locals so they're(the locals) pulling out.
For some reason DirecTV won't offer locals here, and they don't really even seem to care! So, bye bye DTV!

Note: It was suggested to me by someone that the locals may have done up a contract with Dish. Could that be possible? That would prevent DTV from offering locals?
I think that such an agreement would be illegal - at least with broadcast channels.

Private stuff such as YES, NFL-ST, etc. it IS legal.

Well, the new installer came out(official Dish logo on the truck this time :rolleyes: ), and for some reason he told me I had to keep the Dish 1000. He ran the Dish 300 through the 1000 to get me locals on 148. Is that a correct way of doing things? I know a 500 works, but I just want to make sure they did it right this time.

By the way, not impressed with the quality of the locals, but then again, I'm guessing there's lots of compression? I was expecting them to look like TBS which I now realize was a mistake. 2 of the channels seem to have light pixelation. The dish is mostly aligned at 90 signal strength on most transponders. Anyone have suggestions as to which transponder you should be on when aligning to the 148 SAT? I may need to align better?

Well, the new installer came out(official Dish logo on the truck this time ), and for some reason he told me I had to keep the Dish 1000. He ran the Dish 300 through the 1000 to get me locals on 148. Is that a correct way of doing things? I know a 500 works, but I just want to make sure they did it right this time.
Yeah you should be ok..Now you’re future proof :D

By the way, not impressed with the quality of the locals, but then again, I'm guessing there's lots of compression? I was expecting them to look like TBS which I now realize was a mistake. 2 of the channels seem to have light pixelation. The dish is mostly aligned at 90 signal strength on most transponders. Anyone have suggestions as to which transponder you should be on when aligning to the 148 SAT? I may need to align better
Sounds about right….When I had a 148 dish, most of my TP’s were between 90-100

Cool. So I take it quality on the locals is kind of a crap shoot(when comparing to nationals)?

yep...it depends on how they pick them up. If they pick them up at the location via over the air and convert them to digital, they can look like crap.

Hopefully someone else in your area can verify what they look like :)

Yea, looks like I need to find someone else with locals in Abilene.

On another note, online it says I qualify for UPN and WB. How do I get these channels? I don't seem to see them anywhere, did I just miss them, or do I need to pay for them as well?

If there is no WB or UPN in the market (by looking at www.dishchanenlchart.com it doesn’t look like you do), you can add the Superstations

WSBK-Boston
WWOR-NY
WPIX-NY
KWGN-Denver
KTLA-LA

1st two are UPN, last 3 are WB…they can be added as 5.99 for the whole package or 1.50 a piece

There are some pro sports on these too (Yanks on WWOR, Mets on WPIX, Clippers on KTLA) with no blackouts. Bosox games on WSBK are blacked out

Thanks, I think I'll add one WB channel.

Thanks again for all your help! SatelliteGuys.us rocks!!!!

I'm in the same boat...no WB or UPN

I added WPIX because it seems to be a pretty clean feed, it’s the same time zone as mine (Central) and it has Mets games :D

2 dishes are cool :D wish 1 of mine was a 1000! Hehe, and no it doesn't really matter what they use, it's the LNBs on them and the capability to have 3 that does!

I don't think you can add a SINGLE local anymore iceberg can ya? I'd love to do that with WPIX just to get the jeffersons o_O last time I tried the whole distant wb/upn pack, they had it for like a week and then cancelled it so paying $6 for nothing sucked

NBA League Pass free during preseason???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)