Dish 522 thinks there is only one DVR or what? Record Plus culprit?

mallu2u

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 5, 2004
Guys:

I have 522. When I try to record two programs for same time. LOT of times, DVR thinks that there is only one DVR (TV) and schedules one for recording and skips the other one, based on priority. Why does it not record the other program on DVR (TV) 2? Does don't get it.

Called Dish and they said set the Record Plus to disable. Even when I do that, I am not sure if its work right. Does this happen to u as well. If yes, how do u guys get over it?

This receiver should give us an option whether to record a certain program on which TV? Dish gives u that option you try to recrod a a current program running. That option should be available for scheduled programs as well.

I would apprecite a reply.

The recordings are "protected" by a default one minute before and three minute after buffer. If you schedule back-to-back recordings on the same hard drive which are not on the same channel, you will likely lose the second one. You can reduce or eliminate these buffers in the setup program, but they will default after use.

Conflict resolution between the 2 tuners is broken. I haven't been able to determine a pattern. The only way I have been able to get a skipped program tro record is to delete the timer and re-create it.

Check the to-do list (press the DVR button twice) to see which program is going to skipped.

Skip

mrschwarz said:
Conflict resolution between the 2 tuners is broken. I haven't been able to determine a pattern. The only way I have been able to get a skipped program tro record is to delete the timer and re-create it.

Check the to-do list (press the DVR button twice) to see which program is going to skipped.
Remember to enable "Show Skip", if set for "Hide Skip", you won't see any. Just in case you didn't...:tux:

supereal said:
The recordings are "protected" by a default one minute before and three minute after buffer. If you schedule back-to-back recordings on the same hard drive which are not on the same channel, you will likely lose the second one. You can reduce or eliminate these buffers in the setup program, but they will default after use.

I has taken out those buffers from the start. Even then..there seems to be some issue with the receiver's logic :)

mrschwarz said:

I agree. I had to do the same so many times. But sad part is that why should we have to setup schedules, then delete them and then re-setup! Its just bad programming on part of Dish. In many cases, even re-scheduling did not help me.

blabber said:
Remember to enable "Show Skip", if set for "Hide Skip", you won't see any. Just in case you didn't...:tux:

Where do you enable that? I did enable "restore" for some of those automatically skipped programs. But even then, the receiver kept thinking that there is just one receiver/dvr that it can record on. For example, on Thursdays,it would not let me record both CSI and Apprentice, when both started on 9PM. Once I got them to work but for some reason, the receiver then skipped 8:30pm-9:00pm shows!! What a stupid logic..and there was no buffering for any shows!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts