HELP: DISH android app

n0qcu

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Earth
I am getting a login error when trying to use the DISH app on my android.
"Please upgrade to the latest version of Dish Anywhere in order to use your Hopper with Sling"
The problem with that is the latest version is not compatible with my phone,

Any ideas??? and don't suggest upgrading my phone.

Maybe a stupid question, but did you go to the Play Store or whatever they call the software store on your droid and select the section that shows your intalled apps and see if an upgrade/update is available?

Did you read where I said the latest version is not compatible?

Is this the first time you have tried using the APP with the HWS, or is this just the first time you got that message.

Just installed the app on my HTC Inspire (Android 2.3.5) and it works.

Kevin almost certainly has the older version that still works (or did) on Android 2.2. OK, let me check to see what it does now. Yup. My Android 2.2 phone with the older version still works fine on my 722 w/Sling Adapter. Seems it's a (manufactured) HWS issue. :(

What type of phone and what software version on your phone?
Droid X 2.2.1
Kevin almost certainly has the older version that still works (or did) on Android 2.2. OK, let me check to see what it does now. Yup. My Android 2.2 phone with the older version still works fine on my 722 w/Sling Adapter. Seems it's a (manufactured) HWS issue. :(
you got it right. DISH remote Access on 2.2.

I got the same thing with my Samsung Galaxy S4 which was running Froyo 2.2 I upgraded to Gingerbread 2.3.6 and now it is fine. The Dish Anywhere app appears to be up to date at 1.5.20. I seem to recall reading on a thread here that it needs at least 2.3 (for the Samsung). I'm not sure if that is consistent across all brands. Also I needed to go directly to the Samsung site for the upgrade as the phone itself kept saying there were no new updates.

Hope that helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts