Help - Dish says they never got my returned 625!

Sorry to hear about your bad luck, shappy, but I think Zero is correct in everything he says.

I know this is an expensive lesson learned here, but KEEP DOCUMENTATION. Anytime I ship something, I keep the tracking information provided by the shipper, the receipt, and I even email myself the tracking information (for an added safe measure).

Your best, and only bet it seems, would be to email ceo@echostar.com, and pray someone there feels for your cause.

The one thing I am a little confused on here is the idea of the ARS labels. When I upgrade from my 622 to my 722, I received a full-fledge shipping label (I guess). It had a tracking number on it, and UPS scanned it at every location as they normally do. Is this not common?

I have to agree that, ultimately, this is on me for not keeping the tracking number. However, I am in contact with two members of the Executive Resolution Team and I am just waiting to hear back from them, hopefully today (things probably got delayed from the long weekend) as to what is going on.

I just hope they err on the side of customer service and give me the benefit of the doubt, in the event they can't find a record of the return. It should be clear to them that I have not been using the 625 during the last two months and it has no value to me since I switched over to HD programming.

Thanks for everyone's input and I'll posted the outcome as soon as I hear anything.

Remember also that Dish receivers Lot's of receivers back everyday, and that's why they wait a while for it to get check in. Plus when you receiver that many receivers things happen. Once you have the tracking number everthing should work out.

Update and resolution

Just wanted to let everyone know that Dish contacted me last night and told me that they were going to remove the 625 from my account and I would not be charged for it.

Curiously the rep asked me first if I had received any calls or mail over the last two months stating that they had not received their 625 back and that I was going to be charged. I told him no and that the only reason I knew it was still on my account was that I had received another return shipping box the day before I called them.

Though this took a couple of weeks to resolve, I am obviously happy it was taken care of. Of course I have learned never to throw out a tracking number until I have confirmed delivery.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)