Help! DP301-10 unit stuck in infinite transponder loop.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

notabook

Original poster
May 11, 2006
I have three dish units in my house (two Dp301-10's, one 3900) with a sw44 switch and recently one of the dp301-10's has started to act up and I can't seem to fix it. The dp301-10's does the following:

When I plug it in and put the card in, it starts it's "aquiring satellite signal thing" and all it will do is continually try to find a transponder on satellite 'default'. This goes on forever without it ever getting past progress status of 0 of 5. It will just continually cycle through the transponders.

If I run a check switch, it goes through the 38 tests but it always says at the end 'Installed Switch: Unknown' and doesn't pick up any satellites. The other recievers in the house are fine, and this one was fine prior to two or three days ago when it just suddenly started this problem.

Any idea how to fix this guys? I would call Dish but I have a feeling they would just give me the typical run-around and I would end up posting here anyways.

Thanks!

edit
*grumbles* I meant to post this in the tech forum, is there any way to move it? Thanks again!

Hi, thank you for your response. I tried the other 301-10 in here, it works fine. I guess the reciever is bad... any idea what goes wrong in it to make it malfunction like this? Just wondering if I can open her up and get a replacement part on the board that's going out, etc. if that's the problem.

Nope that would be about the extent of my tech knowledge. I would say that purchasing a 311 on ebay would probably be cheaper than repair. Ive seen them go for 40-70 dollars. Just make sure they carry zero balance.

notabook said:
I have three dish units in my house (two Dp301-10's, one 3900) with a sw44 switch and recently one of the dp301-10's has started to act up and I can't seem to fix it. The dp301-10's does the following:

When I plug it in and put the card in, it starts it's "aquiring satellite signal thing" and all it will do is continually try to find a transponder on satellite 'default'. This goes on forever without it ever getting past progress status of 0 of 5. It will just continually cycle through the transponders.

If I run a check switch, it goes through the 38 tests but it always says at the end 'Installed Switch: Unknown' and doesn't pick up any satellites. The other recievers in the house are fine, and this one was fine prior to two or three days ago when it just suddenly started this problem.

Any idea how to fix this guys? I would call Dish but I have a feeling they would just give me the typical run-around and I would end up posting here anyways.

Thanks!

edit
*grumbles* I meant to post this in the tech forum, is there any way to move it? Thanks again!

Try running a check switch test with the cable disconnected from Sat.In on back of receiver.
When finished, connect cable back up to Sat.In and do another check switch test.

Clancy said:
Try running a check switch test with the cable disconnected from Sat.In on back of receiver.
When finished, connect cable back up to Sat.In and do another check switch test.

Right! That will clear the switch matrix. If it doesn't you have a bad receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)