Help : DP44 with Vip211 and 811 receivers

norris_watkins

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 23, 2006
I have a DP44 switch with Vip211 and 811 receivers connected to it.
The power strip is in the path of only 211.

I have 4 dishs connected to DP44 ( 61.5, 110, 119 & 121 )

211 can see all teh satellites when I go to the 'System Info' page

But 811 receiver can see only the dish pointing to 119 satellite.
Am I supposed to have a power strip for each receivers connected ?

Also when I go to teh check switch, even the 811 recognizes that there are 4 inputs to the switch and lists them as ( Even/Odd, odd, odd, odd )

Can somebody please tell me if my connections are fine.
Althought not impossible, chances are very less that my 811 receiver has somehow gone bad.

--nw

I'm a bit confused by this "power strip". Are you referring to the power supply for the DPP44 (two "P"s, not one) switch? If so, then keep in mind that it is supposed to connected to output port 1 on the switch

( You are right it was DPP44 )
I checked/confirmed that the power strip was connected to port 1
I also redid the input ports so that it was in the order of 119, 110, 61.5 & 121
( What was the basis of this requirement )

But to my dismay, there was no change at all.

I noticed the following in the 'test switch' menu

Except 119 ( port 1 ) all other ports are showing the polarity as 'Odd'
119 shows odd and even

On the receiver that works ( Vip211 ) all of the ports are showing odd and even.
So I guess this is the basis of my problem.

Can somebody please give me suggestions
Thanks
--nw

Move the 811 to where the 211 is located and run check switch. If it works, you have a problem with the cable, connector or barrel connector going to where the 811 is.

This is something ( swapping 211 & 811 ) I should have done earlier.
I just finished doing that.
Unfortunately 811 still doesnt work at 211's location either

By the way I noticed that, in the switch test screen, after the test
I see

Device : Feed Dual Dual Feed corresponding to each 4 inputs inputs
What exactly are these.

Thanks
--nw

That's a barrel connector:

HOLLAND 3GHZ F81 - G-F81F

It must be rated 3 GHz for Dish Pro, the white filled ones are rated to 1 GHz and those are only for CATV. If you have one make sure it's rated to 3 GHz (blue, green or red filled).

Try clearing the switch matrix on the 811.

Disconnect the satellite feed and run check switch.
Connect the satellite feed back and run check switch.

I forgot to mention earlier that 3 of the inputs ( 110, 119 & 121 ) are coming from superdish whereas 61.5 is coming from a dish 500 with a single LNB

( Thanks for showing me what barrel connecter is )
I have one barrel connector, in the cable run which is almost certainly not rated for 3 Ghz.
Tomorrow Im going to get a 3 GHz rated one in order to replace it.
Im hoping that it will fix the problem.
However my hopes are low, as 811, showed the exact problem when connected in place of Vip211.
Unless 211 only requires a feeble signal compared to 811, I dont think the situation will improve.

is there any setup screen where I should say anything about dishpro.

Thanks
--nw

When you run check switch, the results should say if it's Dish Pro.

Edit: Since you have a DPP44, your lnbs must be Dish Pro. You're only getting the ODD transponder on the 811, the even transponders are on the higher frequencies so I'm thinking that the barrel connector you have is not letting pass the higher frequencies. You could try a new cable and run it to the 811.

Where is the switch located? Is it easy to just run a small cable and bring the receiver to where the switch is?

Last edited:
( Thanks a lot RandallA. I already owe you a big one )
I havent got a chance to take a TV to the switch located outside the house. I intend to do that tomorrow and report the results here.
( I dont have a barrel connector in the cable run path now ( power strip takes its place ). But I have a couple of connectors that might not be rated for 3 GHz. So the best thing is to take the receiver to the switch. )

Thanks again everybody
--nw

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)