Help findind a 37 inch TV with PIP/POP

budda

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 21, 2006
Oconomowoc
My brother -in-law is looking for a 37 inch LCD/LED that has PIP/POP on it does not have to have dual tuners but that would be a plus. I have looked around and I can't find any! BTW the request for PIP is from his wife I told him not to bother but he's still looking. Thanks. :)

What is the nature of the video sources that he's trying to PIP? Things are very different in the world of digital television and there may be some show-stopper limitations to what can be mixed.

Old school!

My brother in law and sister in law are well off. both CPA's and are partner's in there own firm. However they work so much they do not spend there money on stuff like this. service for tv and so on.That's were I come in. They have TW cable no top set boxes. straight coax. slingboxs to watch stuff at the office and a dvd player and VCR, no BD.
SIL tapes soaps and a few shows. I would say if it had pip with one coax that would work cuz the VCR would serve as a second tuner. TW has been rumored to be requiring top set boxes in the near future but they don't care. She really is hard to try something new weather it's a phone or a camera or whatever. Just the way it is. Thanks.

If they aren't going to be home to watch it, a TV that features PIP will be of little use (I'm not sure a Slingbox will control a television and I question the utility of Slinging a VCR). To prepare something for a Slingbox, they'll need a standalone PIP processor or a cable box with two or more tuners that has PIP capability.

They would be much better served to get cable TV service with a DVR at the office I'd think.

Well

You are mistaken on a few things. The slingbox pro HD witch they have two. Has coax and HDMI as well as composite and Svideo. Comes with a bank of IR emitters I think it's 4. Which means you can control a TV , VCR just about anything that has a remote. If it has a remote it controls as if you are there.

You are right on the solution a cable box with the features they want, would be best. But I don't see that happening. At there office they have dual 24 inch monitors so the sling works great. They really just have to pull the trigger. lol

Thanks for helping. :)

I guess I should ask if the new TV is to be set up at the office or at home. There were some assumptions I was forced to make that may be false.

I'm wondering if your theory contemplates that PIP only offers one source of sound (although I suppose you could wire the left channel to one source and the right channel to the other source).

If the TV were at the office, what would you use to Sling the content to it?

Last edited:
Sling and source

Slingboxs they have two are at the house. One is setup with coax which has sound the other is also coax. The vcr is used with PIP and is used on one of the LCD's witch the sling controles the tv thrus the pip the emitter controls the channel change on the tv and vcr from the sling box. Only down side is you have to change the source on the slingbox to change channel on vcr but it really is not that bad. and she is not a channel flipper so once she has it were she wants it's good to go. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)