Help for a simpleton

joejack74

Original poster
Aug 5, 2012
western kentucky
I have a DISH 722 dvr receiver hooked up to my hdtv in bedroom. I want to have dish hdtv on a hdtv in another room. How do i do that? I am currently just using coax cable on second tv. It gives me dish programming but i dont think its hd since im not using hdmi cables. Do i need a receiver for each tv?

11 dollars more a month than what you are paying now plus SN upgrade fee. Check with dish to see what you qualify for. Maybe free up grade. Ya never know.

If you add a second HD receiver, you must run an RG-6 coax from the dish to the new receiver in the other room.

If you do with the Hopper/Joey, Dish will do all you need.

Both the HDMI port and the Component set(Red,Blue,Green) outputs are live. when i had a 722/922 i had my main tv hooked up by component cables and the toslink audio output, and then i purchased a 25 ft. HDMI cable and ran it to the other room. while it wasn't the best looking option it did provide HD to both tv's, however each location watched the same program, not independent viewing, but it would save you a little cash that way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)