Help getting DLNA working for new Hopper+sling install

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

LadyAngler

Original poster
Mar 16, 2013
United States
Hello All! :)
I just had the new hopper with sling installed a week ago however I can't seem to get any of my media servers to show up on my sling/hopper. The media servers are showing up on some of my other devices such as my logitech revue just fine though. Do I need the HIC to get the dlna to work on the hoppers and joeys?

I have also tried installing a couple media servers today as well...tversity and playon. I also have had serviio and windows 7 media share set up and working fine for some time with my other devices. I just can't get it work with the new hopper so any help would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance! :)
Tammy

I believe you can change the moca settings and bridge the connection and this may help. If you go to network settings then select moca while on the moca menu hit the blue buttion a few times and you will see a new bridge connection menu come up. That may help- I know it helps the joeys see the internet and gain full internet access

What is your current setup? Do you already have an Ethernet-connected Hopper? If so, go with superiorman01's advice. If not, go with gdarwin's advice. You can also use a WiFi USB dongle or the built-in WiFi if it's a Hopper w/Sling.

Thank you so much for the replies.:cool:

I now have the media servers showing up on the entire hopper with sling setup. The dish installer had used a setup that I had to connect my previous 722k to internet...I had used a broadband cable from my logitech revue to the 722k to connect the receiver using the revue's WiFi.
I disconnected that connection from the HWS and setup a connection using the HWS built in Wi-Fi and bridged the connected joey using the moca settings. So now I am seeing all of the media servers on part 1 and part 2 of my setup below. :thumbup::D

My setup is;
Part 1
Hopper with sling (living room) + one connected joey (bedroom 1).

Part 2
Hopper without sling (master bedroom) + one connected joey (bedroom 2).

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts